• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion If there were skill tree systems in HeroCraft....

Ultanian

Portal
If Skill trees were implemented into HeroCraft, this is how I think it would work. When a person levels up they gain a number of skill points to spend on skills or feats. How many skill points (SP) achieved per level....
The amount of SP you earn is based on your level, until reaching level 10. For example, when a person first starts, they gain 1 SP. At level 2, you gain 2 SP to spend. Level 3, 3 SP. The skill points awarded continue on like this until hitting level 10, where every level after only awards 10 SP. A person would then use SP to learn more skills, unlock feats and upgrades. Skill trees for classes will be displayed below, with red O circles representing the amount of times it can be upgraded/purhcased.
Warrior
Potions: O
Cost: 5 SP
You are able to use potions!
Bash: O O O O O
Cost: 2 SP, then 4 SP, then 6 SP, then 8 SP, then 10 SP for final upgrade.
You deal (59 + 5 per-upgrade) physical damage to your target (within 3 blocks) and interrupt any spell they are currently using.
Regeneration: O O O O O
Cost: 1 SP, then 2 SP, then 3 SP, then 4 SP, then 5 SP for final upgrade.
You heal 1% (+1% per-upgrade) of total HP per second constantly.
Strike: O O O O O
Cost: 3 SP, then 6 SP, then 9 SP, then 12 SP, then 15 SP for final upgrade.
You violently strike your target (within 4 blocks) for 70 (+5 damage per-upgrade) damage plus an additional 18 damage every 5 (-o.5 second per-upgrade) seconds over 10 (+1 second per-upgrade) seconds!
Block: O O O O O
You have 5% (+5% per-upgrade) of blocking incoming enemy melee damage (excluding skills).
Disarm: O
Cost: 30 SP
Your target (within 4 blocks) is unable to use weapons for 3 seconds!

Rogue
Sneak: O O
Cost: 5 SP, then 10 SP for final upgrade.
You go into a sneaking state for 8 minutes, which holds if you attack but is cancelled if you are attacked or otherwise damaged (if not upgraded).
Kick: O O O O O
You deal 67 damage to your target (within 3 blocks) and silence your target for 2.5 (+0.5 sec per-upgrade) seconds.
Dodge: O O O O O
You have 5% (+5% per-upgrade) of dodging incoming enemy spell damage (excluding melee).
Envenom: O O
Cost: 10 SP, then 20 SP for final upgrade.​
Your sword is poisoned for 30 (+30 seconds per-upgrade) seconds, dealing 19 damage to your target every 6 seconds and poisoning your target for 18 (+6 seconds per-upgrade) seconds.​
Healer

Smite: O O O O O
You deal 100 damage (+5 damage per-upgrade) to your target (within 6 blocks). Cooldown period reduces 0.75 seconds per-upgrade.
Bandage: O O O O O
You heal your target (within 8 blocks) for 150 (+15 per-upgrade) health points and remove Bleed. Takes 2 seconds to warm up.​
Scan: O
Cost: 15 SP
For 2.5 seconds, you can read information about your target (within 25 blocks), including their name, class, level and health points.​
Antidote: O O
Cost: 15 SP, then 30 SP for final upgrade
You remove poison effects from your target (within 15 blocks). When upgraded, you prevent poison effects for 1 minute.
Caster

Fireball: O O O O O
You throw a fireball at your target, dealing (100 + 5 per-upgrade) damage and setting your target on fire. Cooldown reduces 0.5 seconds per-upgrade.
Scan: O
Cost: 15 SP
For 2.5 seconds, you can read information about your target (within 25 blocks), including their name, class, level and health points.​
Telekinesis: O
Cost: 30 SP
You can activate levers, buttons, etc. from a distance within a 15 block range.​
Fireblast: O O O O O
Cost: 4 SP, then 8 SP, then 12 SP, then 16 SP, then 20 SP for final upgrade.
You blast your target within (8 + 1 per-upgrade) blocks, inflicting (150 + 5 per-upgrade) damage. Mana cost reduces 10 per-upgrade, Cooldown reduces 1 second per-upgrade.​
It would take too long to do all of the specs, but I think you get my point. Being able to prioritize and choose your skills I think would be a great addition, so people could skip skills most don't use.​

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm pretty sure Kainzo has thought about this. I can't really confirm anything (Kainzo rarely gives details until right before launch), but I think it may actually be in the works. Either way, I like the skill tree idea and I believe passive block/dodge chances are also going to be implemented.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
This would be pretty cool, but it should come next map not this map since almost everyone is maxed already.
It will be way more fun/cooler on a fresh start for everyone.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Smite: O O O O O
You deal 100 damage (+5 damage per-upgrade) to your target (within 6 blocks). Cooldown period reduces 0.75 seconds per-upgrade.

On Test smite is different now, it deals 250 to undead and 60 to others. Just saying.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Skill trees would increase the skill level for pvp, and by adding a system requiring math and pre-planning, you give the intellegent, but bad at pvp, players a chance to prove their worth.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Skill trees would increase the skill level for pvp, and by adding a system requiring math and pre-planning, you give the intellegent, but bad at pvp, players a chance to prove their worth.

Unless mastering as it stands now just still gives enough skill points to do everything, in which case it doesn't matter.
If it's not the above, then you need some way to change it, and *that* needs to be limited so that you can't just change it whenever *cough*like classes*cough* and essentially have the above.

Ultanian

Portal
I forgot to mention that the first red circle represents the initial purchase of the skill, while the ones after represent how many times it can be upgraded.