• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ice in regioned areas

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
Can it be made so that ice doesn't melt in regioned areas when a player places a torch in a non regioned area in order to melt it and get into the house/town

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Can it be made so that ice doesn't melt in regioned areas when a player places a torch in a non regioned area in order to melt it and get into the house/town
That would be griefing since they cannot replace the block. Same thing as using water to destroy a redstone torch.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
That would be griefing since they cannot replace the block. Same thing as using water to destroy a redstone torch.
The thing about that though is since it was melted, I don't think they can figure out who did it. I could be wrong.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
The could scan the blocks around the melt and find who placed the torch.
But still would it really count as griefing in a REGIONED area? They didn't break the ice by hitting it. it was by a torch that was placed and removed. If anything just make your region bigger around and make it where they can't place the torch close enough to melt it. And like he said, or you can used packed ice. Saw an untouched ice spiked plains earlier. Or w/e they are called.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
But still would it really count as griefing in a REGIONED area? They didn't break the ice by hitting it. it was by a torch that was placed and removed. If anything just make your region bigger around and make it where they can't place the torch close enough to melt it. And like he said, or you can used packed ice. Saw an untouched ice spiked plains earlier. Or w/e they are called.

That's for the admins to call, but if the torch was placed intentionally to melt ice that they could not replace then I would put my money on it being griefing.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
That's for the admins to call, but if the torch was placed intentionally to melt ice that they could not replace then I would put my money on it being griefing.
But the thing is they removed the torch. They destroyed what they placed. Like there are so many slips through that.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
But the thing is they removed the torch. They destroyed what they placed. Like there are so many slips through that.
It will take a total of 5 seconds to check the surrounding area.

They indeed broke a block and did not replace it, so it is griefing.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
It will take a total of 5 seconds to check the surrounding area.

They indeed broke a block and did not replace it, so it is griefing.
But they did not break it at the same time. The torch melted it which they picked back up. I really don't think it should be illegal in my opinion. Either don't build in all of your space of the region so the torch won't reach or get packed ice. That simple. It's the staff's choice though.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
But they did not break it at the same time. The torch melted it which they picked back up. I really don't think it should be illegal in my opinion. Either don't build in all of your space of the region so the torch won't reach or get packed ice. That simple. It's the staff's choice though.
I don't think you understand how easy logs blocks are to check..

You also don't seem to understand griefing... If you break a block in a structure you do not own and do not replace it, that is griefing.

What you are saying is that people should not use their entire region that they paid for. And you're saying people shouldn't build to the extent of the region they purchased?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

I completely agree with Jonsoon. If you directly or indirectly break a block and don't replace you are greifing. If you use a shovel as a weapon and are fighting somewhere and accidently break a block in someone's house you can be held accountable - I have seen it done in the past. Saying that they didn't mean to break the ice with a torch is just a joke - they meant to do it and were gaming the system to avoid the region protection. No worse then when people were breaking blocks to activate the lifts on the other side.... its still region abuse / griefing. Personally I would pe it in a second. Gaming the system to bypass regions is illegal.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think you understand how easy logs blocks are to check..

You also don't seem to understand griefing... If you break a block in a structure you do not own and do not replace it, that is griefing.

What you are saying is that people should not use their entire region that they paid for. And you're saying people shouldn't build to the extent of the region they purchased?
Like I said it's the staff's decision and I think this is easily avoidable, packed ice won't get melted. It's just based on opinion. Use regular ice at your own risk. That's my opinion lol. Sorry if you don't like it.

Ultanian

Portal
But you can't replace the ice block, the area's regioned. So technically even if they wanted to replace the block, they wouldn't be allowed...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Like I said it's the staff's decision and I think this is easily avoidable, packed ice won't get melted. It's just based on opinion. Use regular ice at your own risk. That's my opinion lol. Sorry if you don't like it.
Grief is easily avoidable, buy a region, but it is still illegal.

But you can't replace the ice block, the area's regioned. So technically even if they wanted to replace the block, they wouldn't be allowed...
Then don't break it.