• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion How to balance ranger

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
@Balance Team pay attention ;P

At this point any non ranger would agree that the ranger class can be stronger than most classes in many cases. I dream of the ranger class being completely eradicated from the game and replaced with a much better class called the pig. The rangers power is so immense that it is impossible to find a logical way to nerf it to its inevitable doom. (Just kidding)

In reality though I knew if i suggested something that would nerf the ranger too much I would be hated across the server. I also knew if I suggested something that buffed the ranger I would be hated much much more! So I spent a lot of time with my homie Jonicster (who is a ranger) testing out what we could do to ranger to really balance it out. We had many ideas, but continued to cross them out because they just did not fit. BUT FINALLY, After long thought and discussion, we came up with the perfect balance to ranger, and here it is.

Quite simple really. Rangers arrow knockback should scale with the power of the shot. Bow spam should not knock back at all, while a slight knockback buff would be given to the max power shots. We came to the conclusion that the ranger should be a ranger, and should require the ability to keep enemies at bay. Currently the ranger can keep a melee enemy at bay by tapping right click like they're playing cookie clicker.

Second part to balancing the ranger is removing the gamble on explosive shot. Where sometimes it deals a shit ton of damage and sometimes almost none. The shot should deal a flat amount of around 3 hearts
consistently.

To conclude I'll say again, the ranger should be a ranger, not a ranger and melee bowspamgetrekt420blazeitIwinElo4000. Once an enemy gets to close, it should be up to the ranger to find a way to get away, or land skillful full power shots at melee range. Landing those defines a good ranger. Whether you agree or disagree with this change let me know! I'd love to discuss

Last edited:

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
At this point any non ranger would agree that the ranger class *can* be stronger than most classes in *Arena*. I dream of the ranger class being completely eradicated from the game and replaced with a much better class called the pig. The rangers *potential* power is so immense that it is impossible to find a logical way to nerf it to its inevitable doom. (Just kidding)

So I spent a lot of time with my homie Jonicster (who is *not a good* ranger) testing out what we could do to ranger to really balance it out.

Quite simple really. Rangers arrow knockback should scale with the power of the shot. Bow spam should not knock back at all, while a slight knockback buff would be given to the max power shots. We came to the conclusion that the ranger should be a ranger, and should require the ability to keep enemies at bay.

Fam this is hard af to code.

Currently the ranger can keep a melee enemy at bay by tapping right click like they're playing cookie clicker.

You don't play Cookie Clicker with right click. Son, I thought I taught you better than this.

Second part to balancing the ranger is removing the gamble on explosive shot. Where sometimes it deals a shit ton of damage and sometimes almost none. The shot should deal a flat amount of around 3 hearts consistently.

But what gamble is there right now? It only applies that damage on direct hit. And the damage that it deals on direct hit is GREATLY lowered on live, compared to on arena.

bowspamgetrekt420blazeitIwinElo1619.

Can I get this as title prefix? thanks.