• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion How can we increase Player Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexhoff1

who would come back? most people left because they can't stand the classes, and the grinding, and they constant fighting w/o any breaks.

A. remove graveyards, add a 1-3 second immunity to bedspawning. (such a pain when that spider and skele camp your bed..)
B. make more attractions on the server publicly known. (easter eggs, warzones, fun maps, events, etc.)
C. make guilds more official. they are the BEST thing about the server (besides raiding :3)
D. make some more stuff more often, I don't know about you guys, but I like seeing stuff on the front page :3

A

alexhoff1

oh yeah, and

E. remove all of dgs official roads. they look boring and old.

I would personally help make the new roads, that was without a doubt, a great part of zeal :3

A

alexhoff1

I still believe they are a pain.

a better alternative would be nice, but I personally dislike how it's currently set up.

EDIT: opinions are like or dislike :3

agreeing and disagreeing on opinions should be in a seperate post XD

ThatAintFalco

Portal
We just need to a little bit more noob friendly, don't want all the noobs to be scared away from our countless hours of grinding. Speaking of grinding, if the grind was a little less painful (1.5 exp multiplier) I think noobs would like Hc with out worring too much on spending time on kill mobs

Digger360

Obsidian
Mobs SLAUGHTER new players, I tried to have a friend play herocraft once, he played for 6 hours than never logged again. He got killed again again by said mobs. Creepers one shot newcomers if they're even tapped by the explosion, and 16 shoting zombies when they'd kill you in three is a real deterrent for starting players.

With general warfare stagnating right now, there's not much to hold current players attention, so our playerbase slowly decays.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Mobs SLAUGHTER new players, I tried to have a friend play herocraft once, he played for 6 hours than never logged again. He got killed again again by said mobs. Creepers one shot newcomers if they're even tapped by the explosion, and 16 shoting zombies when they'd kill you in three is a real deterrent for starting players.

With general warfare stagnating right now, there's not much to hold current players attention, so our playerbase slowly decays.

But...But...But...We're a HARDCORE server! God forbid we give noobs a fighting chance at killing so much as a spider! That wouldn't be HARDCORE!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We had 100 players on two days ago - the player base is and always will be somewhat fickle.

For the release of Warshard we hit 160 players online. Herocraft is almost TWO YEARS old. We have over 15000 registered users on our forums, Over 15000 players whitelisted and over 350k views on our "server" post.

The last two weeks, we've had 1700 unique accounts/ips log into Herocraft server. Over 2500 hits daily on the forums (unique IPs).

We have things for the future.
  • Greylist addition
  • HeroTowns revamp, etc.
  • Adventure map
  • NPC/Quests
  • Dungeon Events
If you truly want to help the server, you can start being active on MCForums with our server in your signature or telling your friends and forewarning them of the challenge.

Most "larger servers offer game-breaking perks for donating or even voting. We do not want to be that server. This is a hardcore legit server - it will not appeal to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.