• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Horses in 1.6

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
So by now we all know that horses are coming in 1.6. The discussion about horses and combat has already been discussed. What I would like bring up is horses with non-combat, specifically farmers. I would like the possibility of farmers being able to summon (at LvL 60 to replace the useless summon bat) and breed horses. It has been shown that different horses can different stats when it comes to HP, Speed, and Jump Height. Now if a proper plugin/api could be made there could be an in depth breeding system for horses.

This brings me to my idea. If farmers could breed fast horses then horse racing could be a thing. While I'm not proficient when it comes to coding, I believe a plugin that would be able to set up for horse races. You could even add a betting system.

While other classes can brag about things such as,"Hey look at this sick enchanted sword or I've made this cool red stone contraption," what do farmers have? Farmers could breed horses specifically for racing and could then earn money and prestige when their horse wins a race.

Last edited:

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
horses have a cap on speed, and also have I think 4 diffrent set speeds, which are random, but only are those 4, you cant get any diffrent to my knowledge, making racing really pointless. If you know that a person has a faster horse then you, you cant really beat them

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
horses have a cap on speed, and also have I think 4 different set speeds, which are random, but only are those 4, you cant get any different to my knowledge, making racing really pointless. If you know that a person has a faster horse then you, you cant really beat them
Just because they have a set speed on vanilla, doesn't mean a plugin can't exceed that speed. For example: I was on test and @Delfofthebla made me so fast I could run over 6 block gaps.

Ultanian

Portal
They don't have a set speed, stats on horses are very random. There is only a max stat and minimum.