• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Read Hey guys, just a heads up.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
@Balance Team
I'd like to open a subforum here to communicate actively with the entire balance team to gather feedback about the dungeons, where we can improve upon them, where there are too many spawners, where things can be cheesed too easily, and the like. I would also like to know if you are all up for this, so feel free to leave me some feedback here in this thread as well.

I have something in mind to write about, with upcoming changes I've got planned for mythicmobs on survival but I'll save that for a bigger post for later.

For now, so I can gather my thoughts, does anyone have anything to critique upon with the current dungeons system before I move forward?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Can confirm: Was not tagged until Witchy did it.

...got nothing to contribute here, though, so there's that.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
It seems most of the problems in dungeons stem from players attempting dungeons too high for their Hero Level/skill level. I did some tests on up to what level I can effectively solo a dungeon(not attempting to cheese or running around the edges but really fighting mobs in the center) and as a high level crusader I really was only effective up until the Elf Palace.

Back to the main point, I feel that the mob numbers and placement is good for the traffic that the dungeons receive. Perhaps fleshing out a more efficient way of having players get in groups to be able to tackle the dungeons together beyond /ch LFG. But as for this I have no idea how to do it. And as for cheesing, there seems to be many different things one can do, I'm not even sure how people figure this out.