• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herogates in PVP

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
Earlier I was fighting Epislen and I got him low repeatedly but every single time, he would just run to herogate with masamune and just kite around it until he was out of combat.

The thing with running towards the herogate is that if you get out of combat then you're completely safe. If you die though, your deathchest is in

1. Non PVP territory.
2. Is in a place where you can't cover the chest with blocks to prevent him from getting his stuff.

This makes PVPing near herogates insanely annoying and non-rewarding because you can easily abuse this safehaven.

I don't have any ideas on how to fix this but I feel like its essential for PVP to get this fixed because being able to kite with speed 3 or jump/backflip towards a herogate defeats the purpose of PVP and should definitely not be a mechanic that people can constantly abuse.

Last edited:

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
dont know if its on or not, but herogates used to cost 15s each time you cross it.

15c for herogates, free to north and south

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
dont know if its on or not, but herogates used to cost 15s each time you cross it.

15c for herogates, free to north and south
as far as im aware herogates are free this map, but his point still stands, it's incredibly annoying for someone to be able to essentially trade a death for all their gear, when they should be dying and losing it..

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How do you suggest this be avoided? There is no fix.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
There are plugins that build a red stained glass wall when you try to get into a safe zone while pvp tagged. This wall follows you around the region until you get out of combat and then allows you to get in.

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
There are plugins that build a red stained glass wall when you try to get into a safe zone while pvp tagged. This wall follows you around the region until you get out of combat and then allows you to get in.
This seems like a good option

JacobBurkey

Portal
Earlier I was fighting Epislen and I got him low repeatedly but every single time, he would just run to herogate with masamune and just kite around it until he was out of combat.

The thing with running towards the herogate is that if you get out of combat then you're completely safe. If you die though, your deathchest is in

1. Non PVP territory.
2. Is in a place where you can't cover the chest with blocks to prevent him from getting his stuff.

This makes PVPing near herogates insanely annoying and non-rewarding because you can easily abuse this safehaven.

I don't have any ideas on how to fix this but I feel like its essential for PVP to get this fixed because being able to kite with speed 3 or jump/backflip towards a herogate defeats the purpose of PVP and should definitely not be a mechanic that people can constantly abuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also somewhat related, if people run into a portal in combat, they should definitely die from it. Kiting through the nexus is extremely absurd and I think many people would agree with me that they've lost many kills from this.

Disagreeing just with your last part, no it should not kill them. It's just like last map with people pushing others into portals that send you into other worlds and they die instantly. It's not really fair, it'd just who could push the other into it first. I do agree that their needs to be some way to make it impossible for them to use the portals in combat, something like Jrr suggested with making it spawn glass or something in front of the portals or w/e if they're in combat.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
As stated before, maybe take the PvP away from the herogate. There was a time when towns that are involved with PvP built far away from herogates and PvP was great.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
Disagreeing just with your last part, no it should not kill them. It's just like last map with people pushing others into portals that send you into other worlds and they die instantly. It's not really fair, it'd just who could push the other into it first. I do agree that their needs to be some way to make it impossible for them to use the portals in combat, something like Jrr suggested with making it spawn glass or something in front of the portals or w/e if they're in combat.

Yeah I completely agree with you, sorry the stupid Arena portal last map escaped my mind.
But yeah I'm really interested in having something like what Jrr suggested actually being implemented.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe this can be easily avoided, dont fight next to a herogate... herogate pvp is usually noob killing

Also, put back the 15c cost to go through herogates!! this would at least make players less likely to go through them, but with recall 15min, warp 1h, town spawn 25c without cd... a slimeball is more expensive than 3 redstone blocks, thats why there are no wizards or druids selling teleports to spawn anymore

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe this can be easily avoided, dont fight next to a herogate... herogate pvp is usually noob killing

Also, put back the 15c cost to go through herogates!! this would at least make players less likely to go through them, but with recall 15min, warp 1h, town spawn 25c without cd... a slimeball is more expensive than 3 redstone blocks, thats why there are no wizards or druids selling teleports to spawn anymore
No, most of the time Herogate PvP is 2 big groups who come out of spawn and both sit around in the nexus, then they both run into the Herogate and fight. Herogate PvP starts normally because 1 person is sitting outside of it, but normally there is a lot of people fighting at Herogates

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
No, most of the time Herogate PvP is 2 big groups who come out of spawn and both sit around in the nexus, then they both run into the Herogate and fight. Herogate PvP starts normally because 1 person is sitting outside of it, but normally there is a lot of people fighting at Herogates
then its easy for you to avoid it, if both groups want to fight, one group goes far away from the herogate and waits for the other to come...