• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Heroes]Per Path Global Cooldown

Y

ytiggidmas

I believe the goal of increasing the global cooldown was to make Warriors to have less burst, however it ultimately made everything have less burst. While this may not seem to be a problem, it really affected a lot of classes, and made them overwhelmingly difficult to play. For example:

Bards:
Already have 4 warm-up skills, and along with the global cooldown this makes it very difficult to get all of them off..

Wizards:
Have 4(combat) warm-up skills, and with the use of it's normal skills like fireball/icebolt/fireblast/root the global cooldown makes getting these off very tedious.

With that being said I propose that Warriors/Rogues/Casters/Healers
Have different Global Cooldowns..
Warriors could have a 1.0 as they really don't seem to suffer from the increase.
Rogues could have a .5 as they are supposed to be the more nukey kinds of melee
Casters could have a .5 as all of them seem to suffer from the change
Healer could have a .5 as they don't have all damage skills, and have to rely on switching from healing to attacking.
While the global cooldown isn't that bad, it really makes some classes suffer when it shouldn't..

Anyways, please reply with your opinions and/if you agree just hit the agree rating thingy.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Agreed, with the increased global cool-down, warriors still comes out on top since the could still deal some click damage between skills whereas it makes things really awkward for casters who have to space their spells rather than kite/offload/kite smoothly as they are meant to.

I dunno about alleviating the global cooldown for all rogues specs though since runeblade were one of the intended target of this change.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The increase on global cooldown was done to decrease combat time. Yes, A large motivator for pushing this was to lower melee burst capabilities, but I was aware of the effect it had on casters. It was immediately apparent.

Wizards that complain about Entangle / Icebolt / Fireball are, in my opinion, not using their abilities properly. With the fix on Entangle, it now allows you to 100% land an icebolt, which is very easily followed up by fireball. No, you can't spam the living crap out of all three, but you don't need to, and players that refuse to adapt are just going to have to deal.

I do however, think that it had too much of an effect on bards. Due to the class revolving entirely around warmups, the global cooldown is definitely affecting them harder than I would like.

The thing is though, Global cooldown is meant to be global. Allowing very special abilities to bypass it has been done in the past with other games, but a global cooldown that is unique to a path or class is a little odd.

I have a few ideas to address the Bard issue that I'll be running by Kainzo / the balance team later this week. If it gets the go-ahead, it should make things a bit more interesting for a few different classes, and alleviate some of the concerns that players are having since the update.

No promises though, heh.