• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes mastery perks

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Here's an idea I had...:

Once someone masters all of the specializations in a path, they could receive a small (but useful) "perk" that would last forever, no matter what their class was. Perks would only be available once they have chosen a specialization (for example, if someone were to master all of the Crafter specs, then switch over to warrior, they would not be able to use the related perk, but once they become either a Pally, DK, samurai, or dragoon, they would be able to use the perk). Mastering a path could also grant a title ("Master Crafter, Master Warrior, etc.).

Here are my ideas for perks:

Warrior - After years of training with a blade, you have mastered many advanced techniques. Your blows from a sword now deal an extra half heart of damage.

Rogue - Years of sneaking past creepers have allowed you to blend into the shadows with ease, and to flee as fast as you can when spotted (or attempting to escape from unusually attentive creepers). You have been granted the "escape" ability, allowing you to run 20% faster for five minutes (15 minute cooldown).

Mage - After years of casting fireballs and raising the dead, you have learned how to bind magical energy to redstone dust. You may now create small mana potions that restore 25% of your mana (requires 3 redstone dust). Due to the slightly toxic effects of redstone consumption, you may only drink one mana potion every 5 minutes.

Healer - After years of healing the most grievous of wounds with your holy magic, you have learned how to bind holy magic to redstone dust. You may now create minor health potions that heal a single heart (requires 2 redstone dust). Due to the slightly toxic effects of redstone consumption, you may only drink one health potion every 3 minutes.

Crafting - After digging miles of underground tunnels and shattering the strongest obsidian, you realize that using iron picks just doesn't cut it. You may now use diamond picks whenever you please.

And finally, once you master everything, maybe you would be able to choose ONE ability from any of the specializations (excluding the basic path abilities, i.e. charge, sneak, etc.) to keep with you forever. The downside is that choosing the ability would cost you 1000c. If you would want to change the ability, you would have to wait at least 24 hours from the last time you chose / changed your ability, and would need to pay a 250c fee.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I approve, but the healer's potion should heal more

otherwise this sounds apsolutly amazing

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Very nice, I can you put a lot of thought into this.

I agree with all, but:

Healer:

Since a Healer's MAIN responsibilty is Healing, and theres's a decent c/d, it should heal 4-5 Hearts.

Crafter:

If a Crafter isn't supposed to use Diamond Pickaxes with Heroes itself, it shouldn't get an upgrade with Tool/s. It's a nice idea though.

I'm curious what Kainzo thinks about this.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Love the idea.

I think getting diamond picks would work for the crafter perk. After all, crafter specs are the only ones that get them, and to obtain the perk in the first place you have to master all of those.

I like the idea of keeping a specific skill from any class. Architect with Bolt makes me happy. And reminds me of Lock's Quest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is crossing the line from what we want to what we really dont want - the perks would be nice - but they wont cross-over to other classes/paths.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo said:
This is crossing the line from what we want to what we really dont want - the perks would be nice - but they wont cross-over to other classes/paths.

So mabey they don't cross over, but it would still be a nice addition - give people more incentive to level up and try different classes

-Just my $0.02

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
strongholdx said:
Kainzo said:

So mabey they don't cross over, but it would still be a nice addition - give people more incentive to level up and try different classes

-Just my $0.02

Definitely interesting - I'll see what we can do - but it may not make it in for internal release.