• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Heroes] Changing classes

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
At the moment you have to pay 250 coins to change classes and you can be anywhere you want to change to another class. I'm a lvl 50 alchemist now so I'm not using that class as much as I did before except for when I'm using cauldrons, but everytime I swap classes to an alchemist I have to pay 250 coins which I think is way too much just to get the ability to use cauldrons.

What I'm suggesting is that there should be a "class changer" building in Zeal which you go to and change classes for free (Must be lvl 50 spec to get it for free) Maybe people under 50 spec could go there aswell and change classes for free or for 250 coins. I have no idea if this is possible but I would really like that.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree, once I hit 50 I don't want to pay to have to change then pay again to a class I already mastered.... Maybe it should just be free to change to and from a master spec?

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
@ Jeoff: Yeah but that way if you've mastered for example Monk and Paladin you could switch classes and heal yourself, that's why I think an altar or something should be needed for swapping classes without paying anything.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Obviously we have to have limitations on this sort of thing - right now the limitations is coin. Changing from a mastered spec to a new path - may be less coin or have a cooldown - we'll have to see about this.
We don't want people thinking they have to move out of their specialization onto the next "class" - Alchemist is one that was lacking in abilities and was granted Cauldron "At the last minute" until the abilities are fixed.

R3xz

Glowstone
I believe a cool down should be implemented or there should be some way to change class for free without loss of level via VERY limited secret spell location (like from the old map) or giveaway from events. This way we don't have people changing class all the time and ending up with unbalance in the server.