• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Herochat Bug/Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
After attempting to submit a bug on Mantis (http://mantis.dthielke.com/main_page.php) and idleing in the #Heros IRC channel for about an hour, I've come here as a last resort to attempt to solve a problem that I'm having with Herochat.

I am using Herochat to handle chat channels on my server, and till now have not had any problems. My server is mostly creative, but I have added a survival map on the side for players to go when they tire of the free build aspect. One thing I thought would be cool, is to add multiple chat channels with various ranges (to add realism). My channels (besides global) include Yell, Speak, and Whisper.

With this setup, I did not want to allow players to use /msg while in the survival world, as it would defeat the purpose of radius based chat. In my permissions file, I disabled "herochat.pm" in the appropriate group. It worked perfectly, with one bug.

While /msg is disabled, if a player receives a message from someone in the creative world, or someone sends a player a message from the creative world to the survival world, and then enters the survival world, they can continue a private conversation using /r. I also disabled "essentials.msg" in case Herocaht was not handling the /r command. The problem persists, and I believe it may be due to "herochat.pm" not including the /r command.

I hope I have made my issue clear. If not I would be happy to reiterate.

What do?

Sincerely,

Wrenn

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
After attempting to submit a bug on Mantis (http://mantis.dthielke.com/main_page.php) and idleing in the #Heros IRC channel for about an hour, I've come here as a last resort to attempt to solve a problem that I'm having with Herochat.

I am using Herochat to handle chat channels on my server, and till now have not had any problems. My server is mostly creative, but I have added a survival map on the side for players to go when they tire of the free build aspect. One thing I thought would be cool, is to add multiple chat channels with various ranges (to add realism). My channels (besides global) include Yell, Speak, and Whisper.

With this setup, I did not want to allow players to use /msg while in the survival world, as it would defeat the purpose of radius based chat. In my permissions file, I disabled "herochat.pm" in the appropriate group. It worked perfectly, with one bug.

While /msg is disabled, if a player receives a message from someone in the creative world, or someone sends a player a message from the creative world to the survival world, and then enters the survival world, they can continue a private conversation using /r. I also disabled "essentials.msg" in case Herocaht was not handling the /r command. The problem persists, and I believe it may be due to "herochat.pm" not including the /r command.

What do?

Sincerely,

Wrenn

I'm afraid, but you are not going to find anyone helping you for this problem here:

Chat Rules
The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:

Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
  • This includes other teamspeak servers, other minecraft servers, personal vents/mumbles and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
hc.to/rules

And of course you are supposed to report bugs of the Herocraft server here, not of your own since this is the actual Herocraft forum if you didn't notice. You cannot expect the Admins to help you out with the plugins either.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

What do?

Sincerely,

Wrenn
This forum is not support for any of our public works. You'll need to post bugs at hc.to/redmine and chat in #heroes in IRC esper.net.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.