• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero gates

macura

Diamond
Solo raiding and raiding in small groups are currently very difficult because you run into
1. A couple people
2. A party of people
3. People leveling (which sucks because you are conflicted in killing them because they are noobs but you are bored)
Finding other solo pvpers/small groups doesn't happen anymore so people are forced to run to towns, kill a few people, then run away before the rest of the town gets out the pitch forks and torches. So the question is, why do people always run around in large numbers.

The reason that people either don't pvp or they have large groups currently is because of lack of mobility. Not mobility as in specs but in getting around the map. At the moment if you don't have a wizard(or a mystic), you pretty much can't find pvp. However when you do find a wizard everyone wants to go so a party of 3 ends up being a party of 10. I am not saying nerf wizard and mystic, but enable different modes of traveling. This would allow players to move around the map to find pvp and it will enable people to pvp more freely. I propose that hero gates be brought back. Back in Dg if someone wanted to pvp they would run to the closest hero gate teleport around and check a few towns to find people. Currently if you run all the way to the town there is a high likeliness that 1-3 people will log upon seeing you, and once they know you are there no one will come out to fight you. So you ran 2000+ blocks for nothing, but with hero gates this time consumption would be drastically decreased, because it wouldn't take another 10-20 minutes to get to another town.

How this would help:
1. It would bring back solo pvping.
2. Allow for more pvp because all areas of the map would be more accessible.
3. Remove the necessity of having a wizard.
4. Allow pvpers to store their pvp loot. (This one especially, because currently loot is almost never worth recalling and running all the way back)
5. Reduce the amount of time required to pvp.

Overall: People could raid at their leisure, wizards would become an asset instead of a necessity and pvp in general would increase by a large margin.

Please leave your responses of whether you agree/disagree, and why.

Sidenote: This is a copy-paste of a post i made on a different thread so it might not make perfect sense in context but it gives the message i am trying to convey.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The spires are currently the new "herogates"
Two classes can currently use them - its the same base-locations just a bit further out.

I could see a return of Herogates - why do people like them so much? :)

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Perhaps when the NPCs come back a new wizard in Spawn can sell ports to the spires to everyone else at a small fee - like 5 or 10 coins. You pick which spire and poof you are teleported.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Perhaps when the NPCs come back a new wizard in Spawn can sell ports to the spires to everyone else at a small fee - like 5 or 10 coins. You pick which spire and poof you are teleported.
That's an interesting idea. Though, I would say the NPC would have to be a ridiculous price. Same as how DHX sells redstone for a very high price.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I would support an increase in the use of Spires, as HeroGates' replacement.

If we implement an NPC to port to Spires, his ports should give debuffs: Hunger, Nausea, and Slow I (for 5-10 seconds would be good). This would encourage people to use the correct class rather than the NPC, yet allow people without a wizard or mystic on their team to get ports in exchange for an unsafe arrival.

OR

New Crafter Specilization Skill - Allow a Spire to be chosen for Mark: Spire. The CrafterSpec can then port using Recall: Spire to that Spire only. This would not bring the party with them. This would allow singular ports to singular spires, and not break anything balance wise. Scribe could get it, and lore - chronicling the land's events.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd like to see enchanters (because it makes sense for that class in context) to have a skill that lets them build a special sign (like a chestshop) that teleports whoever clicks it to a spire. This way if a town has the resources (an enchanter) they can build a one-way port room in their town.

Idk if any of your have played runecraft (I think HC had it before I joined in Sanctum) but having to build a structure of some sort (like a 5x5 teleporting pad) requirement, possibly with rare blocks, would be a cool prerequisite to building such a port; instead of just a sign. It would make it so you can't just do it in the wild. If it took diamond blocks or something it would be instantly stolen lol

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I don't know why everyone is hopping on this NPC bandwagon, as it seems a tad irrelevant.

It's great that Wizards provide utility for map travel, but having it be an absolute requirement is an unpleasant reality. The fact of the matter is, every town is required to have a wizard if they wish to pvp frequently. Yes, Mystics have port, and that is helpful, but when players come in late to the party, they have no means of quick travel other than group teleport.

The map is very massive, and often fights break out on opposite ends of the world when you aren't around. If you want to participate, you must have a wizard/mystic port you there. If your Mystic is already a part of the fight, you are screwed. If you have a Wizard, you can still participate, but it will often take some time before he can port you safely. Additionally, the fighting could have already ended by that point, leaving you feeling bummed and left out.

Right now, most fights consist of a very large party running into several noobs, or large parties running into other large parties. Now, I enjoy a good full-fledged teamfight, but sometimes I'm more in the mood for smaller skirmishes that are more than just me "camping noobs".

Macura put it pretty plainly:
However when you do find a wizard everyone wants to go so a party of 3 ends up being a party of 10.
People hear that a Wizard is porting and suddenly the whole town is begging to come. What previously could have been 2-3 guys fighting 2-3 guys is now 10 people demolishing 2 people. If there were Herogates, this wouldn't happen. People would naturally just end up in areas where they wished to fight, and the burden on Wizards would lessen greatly.

---

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Herogates were also a great place for shops.There would often be huge groups of people fighting there. I think herogates made herocraft more fun.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
A list of things that I think would make HC more fun.

1. Remove all skirmishes-They are fun but Raiding/pvp in the main world is like 10x the fun. I see too many people just skirmishing at spawn. Removing this would cause more pvp like I saw last map

2. Add herogates

3. Make everyone able to pvp. I am not much of a noob camper so I am not just wanting more kills. I joined in the middle of last map and was camped many times. I didn't mind and in a way it made it more fun. I see level 1 players come up and steal my mob kills when I am leveling. They act as if we can't hurt them but we really can't. How I see it is that they are learning early on what this server is like. If they aren't camped at level 1 when they pnly have a stone sword, then how will they act at level 10 when they might have more stuff. If they get upset over being camped then why should they play here?

Its not like last map warshard was always camped. It was often but I could always find either another place that wasn't being camped or I would sneak past them. Yeah I would just jump of the boat and swim under it usually not seen by the campers.

4. Im not sure how everyone feels about this but I think the sword damage should be the same at master and level one. I think that the heroes wasn't meant to have a level 20 always kill a level 1 of the same spec. I think of heroes that you get new skills and more hp/mp. It wouldn't make things that much different but it seems people are afraid to pvp unless they are a high level.

Please give your opinion on these ideas because it matters not what I think but what the community thinks.;)

macura

Diamond
Two classes can currently use them - its the same base-locations just a bit further out.

Because they opened up the map, in a good way. They prevented people from being isolated, they allowed exploration and also being far from spawn did not necessarily mean you were in the middle of nowhere.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Because they opened up the map, in a good way. They prevented people from being isolated, they allowed exploration and also being far from spawn did not necessarily mean you were in the middle of nowhere.
With them, I didn't have to walk so far. Like 10 times I walked 1000 blocks from the graveyard to the nearest Herogate so I could go to spawn. I was like 10 blocks away and I fell and died.

I have asked a few wizards if I could buy a port to a spire and each time they say something like: "huh? Why would you want to go to a spire?" this means that buying spire ports is not that common. How do we go to a spire if no wizards are online :(

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
A list of things that I think would make HC more fun.

1. Remove all skirmishes-They are fun but Raiding/pvp in the main world is like 10x the fun. I see too many people just skirmishing at spawn. Removing this would cause more pvp like I saw last map

2. Add herogates

3. Make everyone able to pvp. I am not much of a noob camper so I am not just wanting more kills. I joined in the middle of last map and was camped many times. I didn't mind and in a way it made it more fun. I see level 1 players come up and steal my mob kills when I am leveling. They act as if we can't hurt them but we really can't. How I see it is that they are learning early on what this server is like. If they aren't camped at level 1 when they pnly have a stone sword, then how will they act at level 10 when they might have more stuff. If they get upset over being camped then why should they play here?

Its not like last map warshard was always camped. It was often but I could always find either another place that wasn't being camped or I would sneak past them. Yeah I would just jump of the boat and swim under it usually not seen by the campers.

4. Im not sure how everyone feels about this but I think the sword damage should be the same at master and level one. I think that the heroes wasn't meant to have a level 20 always kill a level 1 of the same spec. I think of heroes that you get new skills and more hp/mp. It wouldn't make things that much different but it seems people are afraid to pvp unless they are a high level.

Please give your opinion on these ideas because it matters not what I think but what the community thinks.;)
I agree with 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4. If you see a noob stealing mobs, burn him, drown him, lava him, blow him up with TNT... Something along those lines. As for number 4, I think that you shouldn't be able to kill a 60 ninja as a level 1 ninja. I think you should have to work towards getting higher damage.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4. If you see a noob stealing mobs, burn him, drown him, lava him, blow him up with TNT... Something along those lines. As for number 4, I think that you shouldn't be able to kill a 60 ninja as a level 1 ninja. I think you should have to work towards getting higher damage.
Even if their sword damage was the same the level 60 ninja would still kill the level 1 ninja. He has more hp, blitz and eviscerate. I was thinking more that if a level 1 ninja had much more skill than he should be able to kil someone who is 10-25 levels above him. I think that the sword damage is too much of a advantage.

When we disable pvp at low levels we make this server look like it is not. Pretty much everyone kills everyone they see. They aren't going to have any more advantage against the high levels at level 10. If people don't want to die then they shouldn't play here.