• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero Class reagent tweaks

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I've heard a number of people's opinions on this so I'll pass it on here.

Reagents would be best removed from combat skills (like bolt, grappling hook, blink, etc) and increased on non-combat skills (like revive, gtp, etc).

Since classes need relatively the same value weapons and armor, classes no longer have an imbalance as far as items needed to pvp. Also, since you keep your armor and weapon on death, there is no longer a need for reagents. All reagents do now is promote camping graveyards.

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
Make Wolf summon wolf instead of passive tame. I'm pretty sure all rangers agree there are no wolfs on the server.

Xhazed

Portal
U should keep one reagent for the op skill of every class so its nit all just die come back die comback win

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Some classes would be too damn strong without having any items, or requirements. Think of a Wizard graveyard rushing with no gear, it would be kinda OP. Plus it also falls under the 'loot' category that people will PvP for. There is already so little loot so this would make that situation work.

Reagents also help stimulate the economy. People sell/buy them and it helps circulate Medals of Vengeance

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Some classes would be too damn strong without having any items, or requirements. Think of a Wizard graveyard rushing with no gear, it would be kinda OP. Plus it also falls under the 'loot' category that people will PvP for. There is already so little loot so this would make that situation work.

Reagents also help stimulate the economy. People sell/buy them and it helps circulate Medals of Vengeance
Its not like wizard is good right now, sure 1v1s but the massive amount of people that drink speed pots in group fights and the focuses on wizard make it a way to risky class

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Wizard without regeants would mean more people would play it for the fact once you die you dont have to regear that takes time and limits pvp. It wouldnt make it anymore op and i will say yes keep arcane at 5 or maybe 3 sulfur but everything else i see no reason. No wizard can gy run for the fact blink is a necisity and bolt helps a lot.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You think you are helping by things that make it impossible to camp, but you are screwing the server over.

I can easily go wizard bring you down to 4 hearts, die and red pawn then rush back and finish you with like 3 skills. Do you know how much this would also kill raising towns with a graveyard in them?

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
You think you are helping by things that make it impossible to camp, but you are screwing the server over.

I can easily go wizard bring you down to 4 hearts, die and red pawn then rush back and finish you with like 3 skills. Do you know how much this would also kill raising towns with a graveyard in them?
Ya but then the other person will come back and kill u and since you have no regents you will lose

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes I realize that, all I ask is to remove regents on core skills, wizard without blink it's pretty bad. It's like giving regents to jump and back flip, yes you can recall but that wastes time when you could be pvping

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Yes I realize that, all I ask is to remove regents on core skills, wizard without blink it's pretty bad. It's like giving regents to jump and back flip, yes you can recall but that wastes time when you could be pvping
That I can see, just not things like bolt. I would actually like if blink didn't need red stone because I like messing around with it.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
That I can see, just not things like bolt. I would actually like if blink didn't need red stone because I like messing around with it.
I agree that bolt could use the regent,I mean it's a skill that u won't totally lost without but blink is ur only escape and helps too much to require a regent

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Why don't we just add a limit to combat after death (pvp and not pve) to limit the players that suicide and come back. Also we can get rid of some of the reagents while leaving some like that of the group teleport (though the amount of slimeballs can be increased as well).

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Why not remove reagents for basic skills, like blink ect, and to stop gy rushing after you die, just add a respawn time, lets say 1 min (sorry if this is really off whack with everything, just skim read it)

However, in my opinion, at 30 second invuln after recalling would be good, to stop people camping your recall spot (town ect) as you can get to safety within 30secs.

Again apologies if this is off topic/sounds stupid, just trying to jump in on this convo :p

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Why not remove reagents for basic skills, like blink ect, and to stop gy rushing after you die, just add a respawn time, lets say 1 min (sorry if this is really off whack with everything, just skim read it)

However, in my opinion, at 30 second invuln after recalling would be good, to stop people camping your recall spot (town ect) as you can get to safety within 30secs.

Again apologies if this is off topic/sounds stupid, just trying to jump in on this convo :p
no. if you cant keep where you mark safe then that is your own fault.
i can only see reagents being removed for blink really.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3

Reagents would be best removed from combat skills (like bolt, grappling hook, blink, etc) and increased on non-combat skills (like revive, gtp, etc).

Since classes need relatively the same value weapons and armor, classes no longer have an imbalance as far as items needed to pvp. Also, since you keep your armor and weapon on death, there is no longer a need for reagents. All reagents do now is promote camping graveyards.
Horrible idea.

But guys hes a coder lets listen to him... oh wait

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

How
The Fuck
Is Revive
A Non Combat
SKill
Do You Even Know What pvp Is M8?

M

MalaWolf

beacue if revive didn't have a reagent it would be op?
It's the same logic as gtp, you use it out of combat to bring people back to the fight.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
beacue if revive didn't have a reagent it would be op?
It's the same logic as gtp, you use it out of combat to bring people back to the fight.
What you do is
Beguiler Run in mass Piggify
Wizard Run Away = GG Whole Party Revive