• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herald App: OliverDollar

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Minecraft IGN / Age:
OliverDollar, 16
2. Position applying for:
Herald
3. How long have you been on Herocraft?:
I played back in 1.7 when my friend theazian enticed me and a few others to try it out, I enjoyed it for a while before getting slightly annoyed with how long it was taking for me to level... however I recently rejoined and enjoy it so much more, the leveling is much more effective and the server has progressed so much! I know I'm not exactly a long time player but this is definitely my server of choice from now on and I'm here to stay.
4. What's your favorite color?:
Royal Blue
5. Timezone (please use GMT if out of US):
GMT
6. Do you have a youtube/twitter (Account)?:
I have a youtube account which is currently not very active on my part, I only 'like' and comment on other videos but I have been planning for a while now to get a serious channel running, purely for Minecraft videos. Coming back to HC suddenly made me think, what a great idea it would be creating a series around playing on the server! It's so different and there is also a lot to see and do, I think it would be great to show the whole Minecraft community. I have been working on graphics for my channel recently but plan to really start getting videos on there once I have my new computer (Which i'm getting very soon), so that I can record in a quality that viewers deserve not just something half-decent.
As for twitter, I thought I would set one up along with the channel once I start to put videos on there. I've used it before but not for Minecraft, although I know almost all the community use it to talk about the game which makes it a great site to advertise on. I would be very happy to retweet or give out information regarding the server as well as notifying people about my own youtube channel.
7. What are your areas of expertise?:
I take graphics at A-level (If you have no idea what that is, its a higher education course in the UK) which I also plan to continue on at University in the coming years. My main expertise are therefore creative based which allows me to create neat banners, youtube intros etc. I think this will help aid me in advertising the server as professional graphics are an important part to a successful advertisement, video or other.
I also have experience in film editing, as yet not Minecraft based but I have spent a lot of time over the past year filming and editing short films with my friends, of course I can easily adapt this to editing videos of Minecraft.
8. What sites do you frequent that you would recommend HC on?:
As well as youtube, which is obviously a key site to advertise on, I think a blog that players are able to post pictures on would be awesome too. My recommendation for this would be Tumblr, a blogging site I have used for over a year now, its so easy to post what you want and also create a page to look however you want it to.
I would love to create a Tumblr Page for Herocraft where I could post videos, screenshots and information about the server on a day to day basis. Also a nice feature which would be easy to setup on Tumblr is allowing other players to submit their own screenshots and experiences on the server. Although this would be in some way like the forums, it would bring together all this visual imagery of the way the server works. I think this would work really well and for players who have only just discovered the server through the blog, it would give a good insight into what it is like.
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
I realise this application is more about me saying what I will do rather than what I am doing but I truly plan to do all these whether I am accepted as Herald or not.
I really love the server, it has a great community and is run terrifically and I think more people need to know this! I have recommended it to all my friends who play minecraft and a lot of them have joined and enjoy it too. It'd be a pleasure to help you out with this great server.
Keep up the great work!