• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hello

toocoolj

Dirt
Hello my name is toocoolj. I will be playing later I am doing something. BTW what are the basics?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Go read hc.to/gettingstarted ;)

It'll do a pretty good job.

But here's the basics of the basics:

When you log in you'll be a lost soul and a crafter.
These are you classes. Lost Soul is a base Combat class and Crafter is the base Profesion class.

Combats are for fighting and can be chosen by typing /hero choose (Class Name)
You can change for free from lost soul to another class. After that it costs 500s or use of a Codex.

Professions are for crafting and getting your materials. These are chosen by typing /hero prof (Prof Name)
You must level crafter to level 20 (Done via mining, farming, loggin, crafting, or fishing) and then spend 500s or use a codex.

More details about class changing and codexs here

Souls are money. You get Souls Drops by killing mobs, mining, or farming.
You sell your Soul Drops to the Exchange which is by the dragon in the Trade District.
You can get there by using /skill warp, buying a GTP (Group Teleport) there from a wizard or taking the portal inside one of the spawns.

There are 2 main continents, each has it's own spawns and things to do.

The north has PvP-Off, meaning you cannot fight other players here. There are war zones (Can be seen on hc.to/map) which sometimes go into PvP-On mode.

The south has PvP-on, meaning you can fight others.

The general chats are:

O-Chat (OutOfChracter) this is the most basic and general chat (/ch o)
T Chat: Trading only (/ch t)
H Chat: For asking questions only (/ch h)
Tour Char: For new players who need help. You talk to Guides (We have a neat little tag, it just means we're there to help), talk to other noobs, try to team with them or just learn the basics.
Recruitment Chat: For trying to join a town/clan only (/ch re)
Shout Chat: For talking to people within 100ish blocks (/ch shout)

General Rules of thumb:
Don't be an ass
Don't Grief
Respect the staff
Don't use internet E-bonics or m3mes
Don't spam
Don't advertise

We also have a launcher you can use to install legal and useful mods. Go to hc.to/modpack for instructions.

There we go. I think I covered most of the basics.
The wiki page goes into more details but yeah.
Hope you enjoy your stay and if you questions ask in H, Tour, or post again here!

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hello my name is toocoolj. I will be playing later I am doing something. BTW what are the basics?

Welcome to the server! Let us know if you need anymore help, don't be a stranger to ask in game.

Thanks @minimike96 for the great break down.

Also, funny that the acronym @CoolBeans279 used translates into that.. who knew what it stood for?!