• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Healer Skill XP gain

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Healers kills things less easily than non-support classes. Yet the leveling up mechanics are similar. I would love to see XP implemented for Bandage, even just as a symbolic gesture.

It could either be such a small amount that healing yourself and leveling that way was neither viable nor efficient, or:

Make it so that healing OTHERS gives you some experience, perhaps it can only be gained once a day or something, but so that healers level by healing and supporting, instead of hit and run mob grinds.

Thoughts?

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I like this idea, offers another way for healers to level although are you talking about base healers or specced healers? Any specced healer classes' smite can easily take on mobs in the wild (Or bloodmage's drainsoul) but I understand this being implemented for unspecced healers.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Referring to unspecc'd healers only, as spec'd healers have skills/hp enough to fight mobs and players and viably get xp that way. And unspecc'd smite does work, but it still leads to less dmg output than other base choices (ofc it does we can heal) but THAT leads to a worse leveling experience.

I am not asking for more damage for healers. That would not be in keeping with their roles. But since other classes can kill things faster and receive useful food regen (removing some of the adv. that base healers get from bandage), and since the wiki says that the goal is for healers to receive xp for slaying, pvp, and "skills" I think this would be good to add.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
EXP was implemented for bandage back when it used to consume 1 Paper for each use. Why it doesn't consume Paper anymore, or why it doesn't give EXP, I don't know.

Thing is, the amount of experience is so minute that it hardly matters - and if it was big enough to make a difference, it would be ridiculously easy to level, because I could just jump off a high floor, [Lift Up] straight back up, bandage, and do it again and again. Much easier than mob farming, and legal too.

I remember asking Kain about using it to level up unfairly once when it was first implemented in Zeal.. the answer I got was "If you want to waste your paper, go ahead" :p