• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Harmtouch Cooldown

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, The Title says it all. I think it should be reduced to around 40-50 seconds, yes it is a lot but think about wizard, bolt has a cd of like 15-30 seconds or something (not sure). Yes they are 2 different Base classes. But still, Harmtouch's Cooldown needs to change, to something under 60 seconds. Thats Very Long.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
the whole point in the long cooldown is so that you can't use it multiple times in a fight. By lowering the cooldown you're enabling the possibility of that happening. Comparing it to bolt doesn't really work either due to bolt having a long channel time combined with it where as Harm Touch is an instant cast.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It wont be changed.

edit: The reasoning - its too powerful for a mere tank class. If it were, DK would need to lose a lot of armor / other abilities to have a short cooldown harmtouch.

Harmtouch and layhands have always meant to be used "once" per fight. The cooldown just respects that.

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
It wont be changed.

edit: The reasoning - its too powerful for a mere tank class. If it were, DK would need to lose a lot of armor / other abilities to have a short cooldown harmtouch.

Harmtouch and layhands have always meant to be used "once" per fight. The cooldown just respects that.
yes, BUT 15 minutes is insane! you coiuld use it in an initial fight against a group of raiders, then once you've won, what do you do now? it takes about 5 minutes at the MOST for them to come back and fight you again, this time, without your full damage potential. I agree it should only be used once per fight, but 15 minutes? that's once every 3-8~ fights. I suggest it's cooldown be reduced to around 3 or 4 minutes, along with layhands.
EDIT: ^that is IF you win. if you don't win, you won't stand a chance for the 15 minute wait.

Last edited:

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
yes, BUT 15 minutes is insane! you coiuld use it in an initial fight against a group of raiders, then once you've won, what do you do now? it takes about 5 minutes at the MOST for them to come back and fight you again, this time, without your full damage potential. I agree it should only be used once per fight, but 15 minutes? that's once every 3-8~ fights. I suggest it's cooldown be reduced to around 3 or 4 minutes, along with layhands.
Thank you ;3 Someone agrees with me, its insane!

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Harmtouch is not meant to be one of the core damage skills for Dreadknight. harmtouch is one of those skills (like lay hands) where if you get into the situation that it is desperately needed, you can get an instant burst off. As Kainzo said, Deathknight is a tank class, therefore the damage output should not be as reliable as a class such as wizard.

I see where you are coming from on this thread, as I have felt the same way before about lay hands, but you need to realize that harm touch is a kind of save your ass ability; it can be used to burst someone down, to either finish them off, or scare them away. The long cool down compensates for the fact that it is a very powerful ability on a tank, and should not be used in the core rotation for Dreadknight.