• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Guild Plugin?

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
Here's what I think could be a good idea with that.

When you're in a guild, you gain a title, which is the name of the guild. I know some will try to make guilds just for the title. But then, just make the applications really strict or something, or have certain requirements that aren't met that easily.

The guild would have a chat too, just like towns. Though, guilds would have a goal, not just make a protected building and live in it, the goal being either PvP, economical or something like that. The guild would have a base, though A LOT smaller than a town, protected, not protected could depend on they money the guild has.

These are all ideas that I thought of quickly, I know it's similar to a town, but somebody might be able to elaborate more on this.

Moralsk

Gold
Personally think it'd be pretty cool if guilds weren't just out in the wilderness always. Oblivion, awesome RPG, the guilds are in towns. It'd be cool if there was reason to add guilds into towns.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Aren't towns basically guilds?
They're not conducive to the nature of guilds. They're big, require lots of people, and currently don't encourage too much PvP (Haven only) since there's no way to break into them. Guilds are the opposite of all that so they'd need something smaller than towns but with the same protection.

Hopefully things like TnT, guilds, and other stuff will be coming in the future since they involve increasing objective based PvP. Something Kainzo wants to do.
PVP Objectives and arenas are planned for Haven and Quests / Events are planned for Shrine.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
IMO guilds don't need to have a small protected area, every player already has the ability to make these and adding more isn't really necessary.

But guilds have always been an idea when making HeroTowns, I mean if you type /guild in chat at the moment on Haven you'll get a full help menu structure of commands (though there is nothing in the code to make these work)
We've just never been sure about how we want to implement them.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
IMO guilds don't need to have a small protected area, every player already has the ability to make these and adding more isn't really necessary.

But guilds have always been an idea when making HeroTowns, I mean if you type /guild in chat at the moment on Haven you'll get a full help menu structure of commands (though there is nothing in the code to make these work)
We've just never been sure about how we want to implement them.
Exactly, the 'Guilds' could just combine their personal regions to have a larger protected area.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We should have guilds,wars, 2 times a month.
what's the difference between doing that and doing it with towns?
Exactly, the 'Guilds' could just combine their personal regions to have a larger protected area.
Point is imo guilds aren't necessary and tbh would just be worthless fluff if we were to add them in.
But this is just my opinion which doesn't represent the server.

RagingDragon5

Portal

Point is imo guilds aren't necessary and tbh would just be worthless fluff if we were to add them in.
But this is just my opinion which doesn't represent the server.

I do agree on the part of adding just fluff. Hopefully, someone will be able to have a good way to implement guilds

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I do agree on the part of adding just fluff. Hopefully, someone will be able to have a good way to implement guilds
When that happens I'll be all for the idea but until then I just don't see the point in putting dev time into it when there are better projects.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5

Darn it danda Guild Wars 2
gw2-logo.1600230148.jpg