• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guide Application: Alator

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
  1. Minecraft IGN: Alator
  2. Position applying for: Guide
  3. Age|Timezone: 24|-5 (EST)
  4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Oldest non-founder still active
  5. Why do you think you would make a good guide?: The purpose of a guide is to help and assist. Guides play the role of the server's 'teachers', helping the uninformed and assisting those who need it. This is a role I feel I could play very proficiently. I also have a strong grasp of the rules, and what should and shouldn't be allowed to occur on this server. For ease of reading I will bullet the following section.
  • I have been promoted to Guild Officer in almost every guild I was a member of in the game Guild Wars, and have been officer in my current guild for over two years now. These promotions were due to my knowledge and skill of the game, as well as my general attitude towards other players. I voiced anger over Ventrillo once in a PvP guild, and they were shocked because I had never acted like that before. I have very strong opinions, but I know how to control and focus them depending on the situation.
  • I have taught students in high school on several occasions, including a one-year stint as a teacher's aide. I understand that many people will be confused on subjects that you may find simple or trivial, and know that insulting them because of it only leads to resentment and bad feelings. A guide must act like a teacher, not a master. The better informed and happier individual players are, the better off the server becomes.
  • I will continue my proctor duties, for that is part of the job, is it not? I understand that applications are slow while the server is still on 1.8, but with the approach of the holidays and the inevitable server upgrade, I will be able to assist the proctors when they get over-run.
  • I have a deep and burning hatred for griefing due to the constant barrage of it that forced me to abandon my first Wolfshrine near Zeal. I would do everything in my power to remedy it, but I understand that the smallest things on a first-time offender should be explained to them, not immediately punished.
6. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am currently in a Master's of Environmental Engineering program. I am finishing up my last semester of classes right now, and as such I will not likely be in game again until after December 15th while I get all my finals and projects done. I will still have one semester after this to finish up my thesis research, but I won't be pulling any 14 hour days due to research and classes anymore. This will free up my nights to do guide-duty. I am a Herocraft Loremaster, which should indicate that I have a vested interest in this server and keeping it maintained. I also assist by acting as wiki admin; deleting spam pages and trying to keep it as up-to-date and user-friendly as possible. I feel that I can do more to help this server prosper than keep throwing money at Kainzo (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind:kainzo:) and think the next logical step is become a teacher of the newbies. As far as I can tell, I haven't seen /tour used often, so I would try to promote it and suggest that it be included on the acceptance PM we send to players. Having new players ask for help in /tour instead of /h would spare a lot of strife and free up a lot of chat-bar space.

I remember being bumped up to proctor well after I had applied to it (so long after, in fact, that I had forgotten I had even applied!) so I am putting this in now in case you are in need of guides in the future. Thank you.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Thank you much! I figured with my current schedule I can pull off guide-duty but maybe not Mod yet. We'll see ;)

As for the face thing, er, idk. It was in the emoticon drop-down list; I guess one of the web team added it?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
This is a shoe in.

:kainzo: <3's :apherdite: How the hell do these things work?

Also -Loremaster, in my eyes is higher than a guide - but is a different aspect of staff.

Welcome to Guide status!
Loremaster is higher than guide??? woo!