• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Greetings for new players [General]

I've been on several servers and have had a lot of fun on all. But something I see on this one that I have not on others is the fact of brand new people joining are not getting that warm welcome. I want to be able to fix this. Now I have see, and this worked before, is that there was a command say "/greet" and it would pop up with a message saying "Welcome 'Name' to 'the server name'" and doing this it was easy for the other players to greet the new ones and that little bit helped new players stay. And as time moved on people just started typing out greeting instead of using the command and joining a server that that welcome was a big thing being brand new. I don't know how hard this would be to do so if its going to be to hard of a action then don't worry about it if you have better things to do. But I feel this would help keep the growing crowd of players that join and keep playing on the server for a little longer.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I've been on several servers and have had a lot of fun on all. But something I see on this one that I have not on others is the fact of brand new people joining are not getting that warm welcome. I want to be able to fix this. Now I have see, and this worked before, is that there was a command say "/greet" and it would pop up with a message saying "Welcome 'Name' to 'the server name'" and doing this it was easy for the other players to greet the new ones and that little bit helped new players stay. And as time moved on people just started typing out greeting instead of using the command and joining a server that that welcome was a big thing being brand new. I don't know how hard this would be to do so if its going to be to hard of a action then don't worry about it if you have better things to do. But I feel this would help keep the growing crowd of players that join and keep playing on the server for a little longer.
People used to all the time. However we got so many new players that people just kinda stopped. I know some people used to use Macros with "Welcome "Insert Name Here" to Herocraft!"

If it's easily integrated I don't see any issue with a /greet command. We already have the alert that "Player has joined Herocraft for the first time"