• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gravity Mage.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, I know that you guys aren't planning on any new classes but I got bored and thought of this and i'm not going to share it with you!!

Caster spec- Gravity Mage.
Ranged
850hp
Chain helm + boots, Leather chest + legs
low damage feather
Offence- Low/Med, Mobility- High, Defence - Med, Utility- High

This class would focus on more about keeping the enemy away using air to move the enemy around and manipulate objects.

Some skills I thought up,

"Flick- You use gravity to throw your target to the side dealing 60 damage and another 50 if they collide with something" Practicly forcepush but sideways with the chance to deal extra damage if they hit a wall etc..

CD- 10 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- around 14?
Item cost- None

"Hurl- You manipulate the air below your target to send them X blocks into the air" Same effect as iron fist but for a single target"

CD- 30 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- Probobly around 14 aswell
Item Cost- None

"Encase- You bring blocks up from the ground below your target encasing them in it" This would remove the ground in a box shape under them and then replacing the box around the target, it would stay for 5 seconds or until the enemy breaks out (Not sure how this would work in regions) This would prevent you from damaging them aswell

CD- 20 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost- 20
Item Cost- None ( It uses the blocks underneath the target)

"Static Field- You use the energy from the air the create static field around your target silencing anyone within 5 blocks of them and dealing 110 damage over 5 seconds" Maybe have it deal damage but I see this as a kind of EMP but instead of knocking out a radar it knocks out their ability to cast spells. The skill would work so that for 5 seconds anyone near the target is silenced, if they move away the silence would be removed.

CD- 17 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost- 30
Item cost- None ( I think it should have one, i'm just not sure what)

"Acid Rain- You use your power over the wind to gather all the acid rain in the area over your target, dealing 170 damage over 6 seconds and slowing them during the skill" In other words 170 damage DoT which slows them aswel, if possible have it rain above the player so that if they go inside then it stops the damage.

CD- 23 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- 25
Item cost- Water Bottle

"Leap- Use gravity to propel yourself forward through the air" Practicly jump

CD- 6 seconds
Warmup- None
Manacost - 15 + 4 stamina
Item Cost - None

"Slow Motion- You slow down time around you and your party for 15 seconds granting you all the ability to float to the ground without taking damage" Group safe fall

CD- 120 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost - 50
Item Cost - Feather

"Suspend- You suspend your target in mid-air for 2 seconds" I would say maybe 5 blocks upwards

CD- 26 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- 15
Item cost- None

"Overcharge(Or recharge)- You call upon the skies to strike you with lightning dealing 100 damage to you but returning 75 mana"

CD- 5 min
Warmup- 3 seconds
Manacost- None
Item Cost- None

"Whirlwind- You throw forward a whirlwind dealing 120 damage and throwing up all enemies that it comes into contact with" It would be a snowball that doesn't break when it hits the targets, it goes through them and sends them into the air.

CD- 25 seconds
Warmup- None
Manacost- 20
Item Cost - String

"Back in time (Maybe rewind)- You create a whirlwind around you that spins so fast it sends you to the location you were at 30 seconds ago" Not sure if this would be possible.

CD- 3 mins
Warmup- None
Manacost- 60
Item Cost- Slimeball + 5 feathers

"Cushion- The air beneath you is ready incase you fall, allowing you to drop a extra X blocks" Tumble basicly.

Passive

Ok well there is the skills list

As for the levels you get them i think it should be something like this

Level 5 - Recharge/Overcharge
Level 10- Flick
Level 15- Cushion
Level 20- Hurl
Level 25- Leap
Level 30- Suspend
Level 35- Slow Motion
Level 40- Static Field
Level 45- Encase
Level 50- Whirlwind
Level 55- Acid rain
Level 60- Back in time/Rewind

Wow a skill every 5 levels... I think I though up too many, as I said before I know you aren't looking for any new classes. I just got bored and thought this up and thought i'd share it with you guys, you never know maybe you'll be looking for more classes some time :D.

Please post your opinions on this!! because I would actually LOVE this class ;p.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Half of these seem impossible to code atm like a snowball that goes through the enemy and a detector for someone hitting a wall.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Reminds me of the force mages from Dragon Age II. Interesting ideas, but sadly some of them aren't practical to implement:

Flick - Detecting collisions is a hassle.

Encase may be too much of a pain to do. You have to deal with exploits, no-build areas like spawn, and block physics (sand/gravel/water/lava).

Slow motion - Turning off fall damage is one thing, making them appear to float is another. All you'd be left with is an AOE safe fall other.

Suspend - It could be done, but again it's another hassle and involves moving the player, turning on flight and cancelling movement.

Rewind is possible, but not reasonable to implement.

Whirlwind - I do not believe it is currently possible through bukkit to turn off the snowball breaking.

Static field - It would have to be changed to work, it would have to perform the silence at cast time. I believe your suggestion requests that you can run away from the person with the field and be unaffected by it.

Overcharge/recharge, cushion, hurl, leap, and acid rain could be implemented (or have already been implemented) as is with no development headaches. Some of the ideas that haven't been done before (overcharge, modified static field, modified slow motion, acid rain) could be used for other classes. Overcharge/recharge seems like it could fit Beguiler or Wizard.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Slow motion - Turning off fall damage is one thing, making them appear to float is another. All you'd be left with is an AOE safe fall other.
Wasn't looking for it to appear slow, just wanted a way to describe the skill lore-like.

Thanks for the lengthy reply as I said, I just wanted to share this somewhere as I thought the ideas were pretty cool, I could tell most of the skills would be difficult/unreasonable to make.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
actually... as of 1.4.4, they implemented a "float". have you ever noticed when you get desynched and go over the edge of unloaded chunks that you fall alot slower?
* [MC-23] - Falling out of the world while chunks are loading

Suspend - It could be done, but again it's another hassle and involves moving the player, turning on flight and cancelling movement.
by this, do u mean moving the player up 2 blocks, giving them flight, then giving them something like slow 10?

for static field, maybe give the silence off in pulses, IE the target will give off a 1 second silence overy 1 3 4ths second, so when people run away, they get unaffected.

just some ideas.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
These guys would get seriously messed up by ninjas and goons.
It would be a caster spec so ninja should really wreck them, i'd like to see a goon wreck them while they are suspended in mid-air and then encased in stone and then flicked to the side... and then thrown up into the air. This class has a lot of slows, stuns and "delays" to keep other classes away from them. Bear in mind goon may have jump but gravity mage has leap :D

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Okay, I know that you guys aren't planning on any new classes but I got bored and thought of this and i'm not going to share it with you!!

Caster spec- Gravity Mage.
Ranged
850hp
Chain helm + boots, Leather chest + legs
low damage feather
Offence- Low/Med, Mobility- High, Defence - Med, Utility- High

This class would focus on more about keeping the enemy away using air to move the enemy around and manipulate objects.

Some skills I thought up,

"Flick- You use gravity to throw your target to the side dealing 60 damage and another 50 if they collide with something" Practicly forcepush but sideways with the chance to deal extra damage if they hit a wall etc..

CD- 10 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- around 14?
Item cost- None

"Hurl- You manipulate the air below your target to send them X blocks into the air" Same effect as iron fist but for a single target"

CD- 30 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- Probobly around 14 aswell
Item Cost- None

"Encase- You bring blocks up from the ground below your target encasing them in it" This would remove the ground in a box shape under them and then replacing the box around the target, it would stay for 5 seconds or until the enemy breaks out (Not sure how this would work in regions) This would prevent you from damaging them aswell

CD- 20 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost- 20
Item Cost- None ( It uses the blocks underneath the target)

"Static Field- You use the energy from the air the create static field around your target silencing anyone within 5 blocks of them and dealing 110 damage over 5 seconds" Maybe have it deal damage but I see this as a kind of EMP but instead of knocking out a radar it knocks out their ability to cast spells. The skill would work so that for 5 seconds anyone near the target is silenced, if they move away the silence would be removed.

CD- 17 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost- 30
Item cost- None ( I think it should have one, i'm just not sure what)

"Acid Rain- You use your power over the wind to gather all the acid rain in the area over your target, dealing 170 damage over 6 seconds and slowing them during the skill" In other words 170 damage DoT which slows them aswel, if possible have it rain above the player so that if they go inside then it stops the damage.

CD- 23 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- 25
Item cost- Water Bottle

"Leap- Use gravity to propel yourself forward through the air" Practicly jump

CD- 6 seconds
Warmup- None
Manacost - 15 + 4 stamina
Item Cost - None

"Slow Motion- You slow down time around you and your party for 15 seconds granting you all the ability to float to the ground without taking damage" Group safe fall

CD- 120 seconds
Warmup - 2 seconds
Manacost - 50
Item Cost - Feather

"Suspend- You suspend your target in mid-air for 2 seconds" I would say maybe 5 blocks upwards

CD- 26 seconds
Warmup - None
Manacost- 15
Item cost- None

"Overcharge(Or recharge)- You call upon the skies to strike you with lightning dealing 100 damage to you but returning 75 mana"

CD- 5 min
Warmup- 3 seconds
Manacost- None
Item Cost- None

"Whirlwind- You throw forward a whirlwind dealing 120 damage and throwing up all enemies that it comes into contact with" It would be a snowball that doesn't break when it hits the targets, it goes through them and sends them into the air.

CD- 25 seconds
Warmup- None
Manacost- 20
Item Cost - String

"Back in time (Maybe rewind)- You create a whirlwind around you that spins so fast it sends you to the location you were at 30 seconds ago" Not sure if this would be possible.

CD- 3 mins
Warmup- None
Manacost- 60
Item Cost- Slimeball + 5 feathers

"Cushion- The air beneath you is ready incase you fall, allowing you to drop a extra X blocks" Tumble basicly.

Passive

Ok well there is the skills list

As for the levels you get them i think it should be something like this

Level 5 - Recharge/Overcharge
Level 10- Flick
Level 15- Cushion
Level 20- Hurl
Level 25- Leap
Level 30- Suspend
Level 35- Slow Motion
Level 40- Static Field
Level 45- Encase
Level 50- Whirlwind
Level 55- Acid rain
Level 60- Back in time/Rewind

Wow a skill every 5 levels... I think I though up too many, as I said before I know you aren't looking for any new classes. I just got bored and thought this up and thought i'd share it with you guys, you never know maybe you'll be looking for more classes some time :D.

Please post your opinions on this!! because I would actually LOVE this class ;p.
Once we get heroes to a nice stand point, I'm going to push Kain to make 4 new classes. A few of which that were thought up are: Viking for warrior, Pirate or Mercenary for Rogue. Although I don't think we will ever see 4 new classes, I know Kain wants to have a viking class :p I like the ideas too btw. Some seem impossible or too hard for the moment, but hopefully the idea will make an impact :D

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
It would be a caster spec so ninja should really wreck them, i'd like to see a goon wreck them while they are suspended in mid-air and then encased in stone and then flicked to the side... and then thrown up into the air. This class has a lot of slows, stuns and "delays" to keep other classes away from them. Bear in mind goon may have jump but gravity mage has leap :D
I'd say make leap lesser than Dragoon's jump mostly because that's all Dragoons have for diversity besides impale.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd say make leap lesser than Dragoon's jump mostly because that's all Dragoons have for diversity besides impale.
Would make sense, surprising that a random idea that came to me, people actually like haha :p[DOUBLEPOST=1371229063,1354551281][/DOUBLEPOST]*sneezes*

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm I like it hmmm I would probs be it hmmmm would they get fireball, I think that it should possibly have a differnt name.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
One word: YES.

Also, Jupiter, maybe fireball could be changed to Whirlwind, and just not have it as the skill Judge suggested?