• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Graveyards for newly generated terrain

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
There's no flat-what rating. Which is unfortunate.

Couldn't there just be 4 at the diagonals?

Aetosion

Obsidian
I agree with the OP. It's annoying. If you're (for example) around Akahi and die, you could spawn 1500-2000 blocks away.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I just checked the map, there are plenty of graveyards near the edge of the map. If you wish to get there quicker, why not make a rail? The graveyards are roughly 1200 blocks from the edge of the world, which isn't a lot to travel.

I agree with the OP. It's annoying. If you're (for example) around Akahi and die, you could spawn 1500-2000 blocks away.

I checked that out of curiosity, and your town is around 1000 blocks from the grave. This isn't a long distance to travel, plus, there are no major regions to get in the way of you guys building a rail to the town! ;)

Aetosion

Obsidian
Better example, mining at the corner of the map, if you die you pop up around +/- 2200, +/- 2200 , that's a long walk to +/- 3500, +/-3500. I think there should be graves around +/- 3200, +/-3200 as well (and +/- 2200, +/-3500 , +/-700, +/3500 , and reversed forms).

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Better example, mining at the corner of the map, if you die you pop up around +/- 2200, +/- 2200 , that's a long walk to +/- 3500, +/-3500. I think there should be graves around +/- 3200, +/-3200 as well (and +/- 2200, +/-3500 , +/-700, +/3500 , and reversed forms).

No. That would be too many graves. Galaxial is right. This is hardcore: Walking to your death spot is a part of it. Even if it means walking long distances! :p

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
What whitemage said. Camped graveyards and walking back to your place is kind of Hardcore, but in a painfully contrived way. Sadly, I wasn't around when they were introduced so I'm unaware of the reasoning behind it, but didn't we get enough action when beds were still working?