• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Golden Shovel Durability

c12095

Holy Shit!
So I recently found out that as a Dragoon, our golden weapon can only be used for about 4-5 hits. Makes me really sad to blow a golden shovel that fast :( I hope that this can be fixed so I can murder people with a shiny shovel!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
gold anything only last 3-5 hits anyhow, sword, axe, pickaxe, etc Gold is a soft metal and has been this way in game for a while. maybe you should make your 4-5 hits count or carry a inventory of shovels around !!!!

The following table summarizes the speed at which different quality shovels perform on different block types. Values marked with (*) and highlighted in red indicate that no resource will be dropped when the block is destroyed by that quality of shovel. Green cells indicate the fastest tool type.

E3UW9.png

its the fastest tool but least durable.. gives a nice balance to the tool.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
not the ones I use. ever chase a chicken and miss?? gold anything don't last. sides, why would you WEAR it? let alone use it... rather sell it for coins...

GraRona

Portal
No...Golden Swords give like 30 hits at least...

Items that are used on things they are not meant for i.e shovel on person, have less durability.

I think durability for golden items other than swords should be buffed because we rangers have to use THREE ingots to make are axes which barely last. Most crafter classes can just repair or decraft their broken gold pick.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Gold is worth more than diamond. Therefore gold weapons are better than diamonds weapons. Although I don't think gold should have better durability than diamond, maybe an increase to around wood or stone weapon durability? I really enjoy using gold swords during PvP tournaments, especially as a ninja... 14 dmg is WAY worth 2 bars of gold imo, but they break so easy, the fight could be going on and it could break during it.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Gold is worth more than diamond. Therefore gold weapons are better than diamonds weapons. Although I don't think gold should have better durability than diamond, maybe an increase to around wood or stone weapon durability? I really enjoy using gold swords during PvP tournaments, especially as a ninja... 14 dmg is WAY worth 2 bars of gold imo, but they break so easy, the fight could be going on and it could break during it.
thats the risk you take when you decided to wave around your money like your the richest mofo around, some people can barely keep 10c.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
It doesn't matter though, from my point of view which is rather unbiased because I don't use gold anything. Gold tools should be buffed, simply because they are so impractical, even if they did 50% more damage than their diamond counterparts. Gold weapons are somewhat hard to obtain, or at least very valuable, worth at least 2-3x as much as diamond replacements. If gold is so much more powerful, why make it so that you can only hit someone twice before it breaks? It kind of defeats the point in even making them do damage.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
It doesn't matter though, from my point of view which is rather unbiased because I don't use gold anything. Gold tools should be buffed, simply because they are so impractical, even if they did 50% more damage than their diamond counterparts. Gold weapons are somewhat hard to obtain, or at least very valuable, worth at least 2-3x as much as diamond replacements. If gold is so much more powerful, why make it so that you can only hit someone twice before it breaks? It kind of defeats the point in even making them do damage.

Its your choice if you want to use it as a weopon or not, its mainly for show, sure is has an extra damage buff but thats more or less just their for the fact that is has such low durability. If your really trying to fight though, use your diamonds, thats what their for.

If you want to take this debate to another level I can, what your currently asking is for a durability buff for 1 category of tools . This would involve coding a whole new system because durability modifications dont even exist as far as I've seen on bukkit (and i use to browse about 10 to 15 pages of mods a day).

If your not asking for a durability buff, then your asking for a damage buff, the problem with that is now your making it so that the people with money will dominate people who are poor, because any higher that 14 damage a swing when the next best is like 12 or 11 is way overpowered.

Then your next though is why dont you scale the damages of the weopons a bit, with that kain will have to add another damage buff to mobs, and nobody wants that, this starts causing balance issues, health modifications might need to be done (if they can be done, theirs a cap of about 200hp on the mod or something) and all of this just causes one big huge mess.

If you really think the golden whatever is underpowered or not worth it then just dont use it, some people like to walk around with golden tools and dont mind the low durability loss, the golden tools are for them to have fun with and for wasting 10c they get a slight damage buff, simple as that.

GraRona

Portal
Aren't rich players naturally more powerful? Isn't that what makes the distinction between rich and poor?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its your choice if you want to use it as a weopon or not, its mainly for show, sure is has an extra damage buff but thats more or less just their for the fact that is has such low durability. If your really trying to fight though, use your diamonds, thats what their for.

If you want to take this debate to another level I can, what your currently asking is for a durability buff for 1 category of tools . This would involve coding a whole new system because durability modifications dont even exist as far as I've seen on bukkit (and i use to browse about 10 to 15 pages of mods a day).

If your not asking for a durability buff, then your asking for a damage buff, the problem with that is now your making it so that the people with money will dominate people who are poor, because any higher that 14 damage a swing when the next best is like 12 or 11 is way overpowered.

Then your next though is why dont you scale the damages of the weopons a bit, with that kain will have to add another damage buff to mobs, and nobody wants that, this starts causing balance issues, health modifications might need to be done (if they can be done, theirs a cap of about 200hp on the mod or something) and all of this just causes one big huge mess.

If you really think the golden whatever is underpowered or not worth it then just dont use it, some people like to walk around with golden tools and dont mind the low durability loss, the golden tools are for them to have fun with and for wasting 10c they get a slight damage buff, simple as that.
Well stated JWP