• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Give Us Mounts

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo TL: DR last 2 bullet points

If everyone had the ability to ride horses:

• Farmers could spawn them at Spawn for cheap travel. Smiths would get a SaddleCrafting skill.

• It would partially even the playing field for unmounted versus mounted chases... BUT
  • It wouldn't detract from how awesome Mount skills are, even once all the Mount Skill glitches are fixed.

• We could have a mid-level passive skill in each class called HorseRiding, that allows Mounting. This would create a great complement to the current "leveling meta" of using weaker mobs first, then traveling farther out from spawn to find harder mobs.

• Players could explore the map easier, exploring and interacting at each other's towns.

• You could sell Undead Horse Mounts in the store without it being Pay-2-win AT ALL!!!!
  • Hell, you could give that "Saddle mount" item to the Subscribers and let everyone else use real saddles and Farmer summoned horses if they want a mount!

Avoir

Obsidian
This is a bad idea in my opinion you're giving mobility to classes that do not need it, what's the point of having jump, backflip, blink if some other class can just catch up with horses...

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
...what's the point of having jump, backflip, blink if some other class can just catch up with horses...
You are joking, right? I am not suggesting everyone has a mount skill, and the subscriber/donator "saddle item" would be unusable in combat, just like mounting farmer summoned or wild horses is.

@FrankyDemon1996 Consider once more please which is more mobile during combat: Summoning a horse, leaving combat, and taming it, or fleeing with (or without) Jump/Blink.

In my opinion, the only classes that could viably summon a horse, tame it, and eventually catch their target would be Tracking classes. Even then, the time it takes to summon and tame the horse should allow for counterplay.

Avoir

Obsidian
You are joking, right? I am not suggesting everyone has a mount skill, and the subscriber/donator "saddle item" would be unusable in combat, just like mounting farmer summoned or wild horses is.

@FrankyDemon1996 Consider once more please which is more mobile during combat: Summoning a horse, leaving combat, and taming it, or fleeing with (or without) Jump/Blink.

In my opinion, the only classes that could viably summon a horse, tame it, and eventually catch their target would be Tracking classes. Even then, the time it takes to summon and tame the horse should allow for counterplay.
I thought you were talking about summoning mounts that already have a saddle on it, kinda like paladin or DK.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I was playing as goon chasing a pally. There is no catching someone on a horse.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I thought you were talking about summoning mounts that already have a saddle on it, kinda like paladin or DK.
I was playing as goon chasing a pally. There is no catching someone on a horse.
Summary of this Suggestion:
Classes who can reasonably expect to use horses in combat as an effective mobility skill: DreadKnight and Paladin.

Classes who can SummonHorse, leave combat, use a real saddle, Tame the Horse, and then ride until they are combat tagged: Farmers.

Classes who can find/buy a horse, leave combat, use a real saddle, Tame the Horse, and then ride until combat tagged: Everyone.

edit: The Subscriber Saddle Mount (Kainzo wants a mount Item but we don't know if its possible yet) would not work in combat, and would presumably have a warm-up and cooldown that makes the item Useful but not Pay-2-win.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
The horses are glitchy as hell right now, the rider basicly teleports around, leaving a ghost of himself here and there.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Horses should not be usable in combat. Having to spend money to get one is also leaning towards Pay to Win. Horses should cost in-game currency, and a decent amount of it (somewhere around 2000 souls). This provides the opportunity to everyone, not just people that have a little extra money to throw around

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Horses arent implemented correctly atm.

If the horse takes damage it should dismount the rider - at the moment this is not the case. Ill add this to do the "todo" list to fix as soon as we can.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Horses arent implemented correctly atm.

If the horse takes damage it should dismount the rider - at the moment this is not the case. Ill add this to do the "todo" list to fix as soon as we can.
See if a hotfix could remove the saddle when the horse takes damage? It would stop people from safely fleeing on horseback.