• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Give other professions a combat related skill

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
So engineers have a turret skill, scribes have gills telekinesis and safefallother, enchanter I know is meant to add buffs to combat, but still related, and miners get tnt. These professions have some skills that could possibly give them a slight edge in combat, while other professions do not. I suggest that other professions get SOME kind of combat related skill to even the odds a little bit, maybe even add more diversity to certain professions such as mason, which is atm seen largely as a "useless" profession.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I, quite frankly, don't like this. Professions should be a completely separate entity from pvp "combat". I already think that scribe is hilariously overpowered and should not have the abilities that it does. It's odd really, because almost nobody levels scribe despite this fact. I'm assuming the only reason that nobody actually levels scribe, is due to how useless it actually is outside of combat.

Naturally, I hold the same opinions of the Engineer turret, but to be honest, the turret is pretty derp. It's not practical to build them in combat, and due to the fact that you have to "refresh" them, they aren't that useful for base defense. They're a nice "perk", but they aren't really that useful. If they were useful, I'm not entirely sure I'd agree with Engineers being able to keep the ability--funny that.

I want my profession to affect how I play outside of combat, not inside.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Engineers: While turret does seem cool and op for combat, but its too slow to build, and Im not sure if it even deals any real damage. Unless it stops working after a specific amount of time, as I believe it does, it would be somewhat good asa trap or town defense, but anyone with anything inside the head should easily be able to not die to Turrets.
Scribes: Most of Scribe skills are just utility skills used in combat classes, but without much combat use honestly. The only ones I can see useful in a fight are SafefallOther and Dispel. SafefallOther can save a single target from falldamage (according to wiki), and unless you can use it on yourself, I cant think of any moments where its useful. And Dispel, I havent really seen the skill used even by the combat classes that have it, which makes me doubt if it even works. If it does, its useful, but is it really worth it to go Scribe just for a single skill that you get at lv 40?
Enchanter: The fact that you can enchant items isnt enouugh combat related imo. In my eyes, its easier to just buy enchanted items if they even are needed, than go Enchanter and mine more every time you enchant something. Not to mention that Enchanter only has 2 skills, which just do the opposite thing from the other skill.
Miner: TNT honestly shouldnt be considered a combat skill in any way. It takes somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds for it to detonate, and unless you either are an idiot who walks to where the TNT was, thinking it doesnt work, or just dont know the TNT was even made, it wont hit you. Even if it does hit you, its not much use unless it could kill you in one hit. Havent tested TNT on lower hp classes, but from a try I know that it isnt enough to kill a master Samurai. The only time where I see it useful is as a trap around a town, and honestly even a pitfall trap is more useful and less obvious. And before anyone comes saying that "TNT will break regioned blocks so its useful", think about how long ago it was announced it would do that.

The point being, profession classes dont need skills that are useful in combat, and the current ones arent really any use in combat, with the exception of Scribe's Dispel, which Im not really sure about either.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Engineers: While turret does seem cool and op for combat, but its too slow to build, and Im not sure if it even deals any real damage. Unless it stops working after a specific amount of time, as I believe it does, it would be somewhat good asa trap or town defense, but anyone with anything inside the head should easily be able to not die to Turrets.
Scribes: Most of Scribe skills are just utility skills used in combat classes, but without much combat use honestly. The only ones I can see useful in a fight are SafefallOther and Dispel. SafefallOther can save a single target from falldamage (according to wiki), and unless you can use it on yourself, I cant think of any moments where its useful. And Dispel, I havent really seen the skill used even by the combat classes that have it, which makes me doubt if it even works. If it does, its useful, but is it really worth it to go Scribe just for a single skill that you get at lv 40?
Enchanter: The fact that you can enchant items isnt enouugh combat related imo. In my eyes, its easier to just buy enchanted items if they even are needed, than go Enchanter and mine more every time you enchant something. Not to mention that Enchanter only has 2 skills, which just do the opposite thing from the other skill.
Miner: TNT honestly shouldnt be considered a combat skill in any way. It takes somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds for it to detonate, and unless you either are an idiot who walks to where the TNT was, thinking it doesnt work, or just dont know the TNT was even made, it wont hit you. Even if it does hit you, its not much use unless it could kill you in one hit. Havent tested TNT on lower hp classes, but from a try I know that it isnt enough to kill a master Samurai. The only time where I see it useful is as a trap around a town, and honestly even a pitfall trap is more useful and less obvious. And before anyone comes saying that "TNT will break regioned blocks so its useful", think about how long ago it was announced it would do that.

The point being, profession classes dont need skills that are useful in combat, and the current ones arent really any use in combat, with the exception of Scribe's Dispel, which Im not really sure about either.
Dispel has the ability to remove windwalk, one, accelerando and a few other things. Scribe OP.

Also the "high level beguiler tactics" I mentioned is kind of a joke but it works amazingly. What you do is piggify then place/activate a tnt next to them, throw a plaguebomb right as the tnt will explode. The tnt blows up doing huge damage to the target and it also detonates the plaguebomb causing even more damage. I have one shot clerics and shit with that lmao.