• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gift Redstone (10)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
What if Gift Redstone (10) had an unlimited range? It could cost the merchant enough of a reagent to make it more expensive than RS shops. This would finally give some kind of use to Gift.

in unrelated news, I am at the corner of the map and I forgot redstone.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
What if Gift Redstone (10) had an unlimited range? It could cost the merchant enough of a reagent to make it more expensive than RS shops. This would finally give some kind of use to Gift.

in unrelated news, I am at the corner of the map and I forgot redstone.
Buy spawn port, walk along one of the roads, buy redstone for 1-2c on that road, recall.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I know you are sad about the low cost of spawn ports, but I dont know anyone who buys a spawn port because they want to buy redstone, graveyards are too close to everywhere and full of shops. Its worth like 5c to get redstone this way, not the 22c for the port plus redstone shop.

And ok, if thats too harsh on port markets, what COULD Gift be used for? Weapons?

off topic: EtKEnn talk to the noob wizards about spawn port price fixing.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I know you are sad about the low cost of spawn ports, but I dont know anyone who buys a spawn port because they want to buy redstone, graveyards are too close to everywhere and full of shops. Its worth like 5c to get redstone this way, not the 22c for the port plus redstone shop.

And ok, if thats too harsh on port markets, what COULD Gift be used for? Weapons?

off topic: EtKEnn talk to the noob wizards about spawn port price fixing.
I was serious though, a normal spawn port costs 25c from most people. It's not that much considering you can earn 18c a day from voting :) But of course, walking to a graveyard buying DHX redstone for 10c or player redstone is more efficient.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
My point is that Redstone markets and Spawn port markets are different things.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
That does not matter. ps im not arguing for my idea atm, im arguing economics.

Buying Redstone and Buying a port to spawn, then Redstone may APPEAR to be similar, but they are not. One (port) has a higher intrinsic value than the other (RS). Using the higher value market structure to achieve the lower valued market good is an economic fail.

K now im arguing for my idea. I think Redstone markets have a niche here that Gift could fill for a cheap 5c or so, less than the cost of walking to a graveyard and buying from DHX.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
That does not matter. ps im not arguing for my idea atm, im arguing economics.

Buying Redstone and Buying a port to spawn, then Redstone may APPEAR to be similar, but they are not. One (port) has a higher intrinsic value than the other (RS). Using the higher value market structure to achieve the lower valued market good is an economic fail.

K now im arguing for my idea. I think Redstone markets have a niche here that Gift could fill for a cheap 5c or so, less than the cost of walking to a graveyard and buying from DHX.
Hmm I got a bit Off Topic here sorry. I like the idea of being able to Gift the amount of 10 redstone across the map as it would actually be one useful, but not too powerful feature with Gift. Even though Gift should have like a 1000 block range in general imo.