• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] Alchemist

Jamie

TNT
Alchemist have a skill called "Herbalism" giving them a chance to get extra drops from plants. This along with the fact that Alchemist need lots of various ingredients leads me to feel that it would make sense for them to gain Exp from Farming. Why have an ability allows Alchemist to benefit from farming, if they do not gain experience for it. Just a thought.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alchemist getting exp from farming is a recurring suggestion.

I agree.
Alchemist have a skill called "Herbalism" giving them a chance to get extra drops from plants. This along with the fact that Alchemist need lots of various ingredients leads me to feel that it would make sense for them to gain Exp from Farming. Why have an ability allows Alchemist to benefit from farming, if they do not gain experience for it. Just a thought.

Yeah I brought this up last map. Maybe this is finally the time?

Jamie

TNT
Just as a follow up, I noticed that most other professions gain exp from performing their profession while Alchemists do not. This makes sense for the cauldron as it would be far to easy to level up, however potions can be difficult to create yet grant no exp (at least according to the wiki please correct me if I'm wrong) Almost every other profession grants experience for doing their profession (i.e. Smith, Runesmith, Miner, Farmer.)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, as a former alchemist I played it when it was able to gain exp from farming and I mastered very fast which just led to an uninteresting life as an alchemist. Alchemist is more just a fill class to provide specific potions to town members and doesn't have much profit. I believe alchemist gains exp through logging(trees I assume) and mining. I feel okay with those options of exp honestly. As for exp with potions, it would be a low exp gain because one could make a lot of potions/master alchemist if provided with more than one brewing stand if the exp gain is too high. Miner used to gain a lot from smelting gold which is a similar situation to potions with exp to me.