• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gaslight- An Odd Idea for a Town

Hey, gang! It's me, you're friendly omnipresent Dafefman!

So I've noticed that the new map is predicted to come up in like 3-ish weeks now. Whether that'll happen is still up in the air, but in the meantime I came up with a weird plan that probably won't work!

Basically, there's two towns, one above the other. On the surface/just below there'll be the main town, building will be of the same style (grey, solid, but visually pleasing), and it'll be mainly a point for newer members/the unproven. Deeper down, there'll be an entrance inside the sewers to a massive open space where the cooler people can do whatever the hell they want. Once surface-dwellers show that they are pretty cool guys, they may be invited down below if X amount of people vouch for him.

Really what I'm looking for is a dynamic town that isn't RP, but has an RP feel. The idea is that there's this layer of mystery and an actual drive for new players to be a part of the community as there's a tangible reward. This system might work, it might not, I'd just like to see.

So it'll be over the winter, and if there's one thing I am over the winter it's busy, so I'll be doing a large amount of delegation of work. The question then is, who will that be? Right now I'm looking for anyone looking to take a leadership/building/raiding role, so feel free to throw your name in there if you want a group as the map comes up!

Application-

IGN:
How long have you played?:
What role do you want to fill?:
What's your favorite song?: (I will listen to it)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
IGN: Watermelon_01
How long have you played?: Been playing for about 2 years, joined during Sancutary and Aegis (I think thats what the map was called), took a break last map
What role do you want to fill?: I like resource collection, building, and generally helping around. I can't fill a leadership role and be a raider since I can't play for extended periods of time but I hope to be of some use!
What's your favorite song?: Tbh I'm not too sure. If any I'd go with "Don't Stop Believin'" By Journey.

Haven't played hardcore for a few months so I hope this town will be my way back into the HC community! :)

IGN: Watermelon_01
How long have you played?: Been playing for about 2 years, joined during Sancutary and Aegis (I think thats what the map was called), took a break last map
What role do you want to fill?: I like resource collection, building, and generally helping around. I can't fill a leadership role and be a raider since I can't play for extended periods of time but I hope to be of some use!
What's your favorite song?: Tbh I'm not too sure. If any I'd go with "Don't Stop Believin'" By Journey.

Haven't played hardcore for a few months so I hope this town will be my way back into the HC community! :)
A classic, welcome aboard!

So looking at my schedule, I should be able to get this fully set up over winter break before handing off the day-to-day to other peeps.

Also kinda feeling a bit heavier in the RP now that I'm getting into DnD. Definitely not required though, that'd be lame.