• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fun with an 'industrial era'

Would you want to risk playing with the economy of HC in order to try an industrial era

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible to make a quest NPC in spawn? Like go plant 12 trees and the NPC will give you 5c etc. etc. Have it be repeatable. I think that would follow the fantasy/medieval herocraft theme. Plus it might make towns want to consider an 'industry' to make money. i.e. xyz hamlet might specialize in lumberjack, another town might farm wheat or melon etc. etc.

It might result in a really drastic economic change though.

However, it could also have added benefits of more trees being planted, more pvp as people protect their forests, or more pvp as a result of more people going to spawn to get quests.

-Is there a group already working on this?

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Quests are being implemented in the 1.3 update. There will be a whole new adventure world with quests.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Quests will not come with the 1.3 patch, the adventure map isn't even finished yet! :( (Its been down for around 3 months).

As for the suggestion itself, hmmm, I don't really like it. Quests are cool, like slaying a certain number of MOBs, reaching a certain goal, ect, but they'd be best off in an adventure world (which we are trying to finish).

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Quests will not come with the 1.3 patch, the adventure map isn't even finished yet! :( (Its been down for around 3 months).

As for the suggestion itself, hmmm, I don't really like it. Quests are cool, like slaying a certain number of MOBs, reaching a certain goal, ect, but they'd be best off in an adventure world (which we are trying to finish).

I would say that is true for a strictly adventure game, but minecraft has the added functionality to support some sort of farming culture as well. Why not exploit it. It'll only expand the playerbase for Herocraft.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I would say that is true for a strictly adventure game, but minecraft has the added functionality to support some sort of farming culture as well. Why not exploit it. It'll only expand the playerbase for Herocraft.

It'll take HC too far away from the basics of MC.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
I think it might be interesting to have "merchant" npcs that travel across the herocraft map (i.e. appear on one end, walk across, disappear on the other), buying and selling goods. I dont know if this is even remotely codeable, but that would add enormous rp value while creating more activity in the economy. Perhaps these could even be groups of npcs, with some guards for the merchants. Players could take on these caravans or trade with them.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think it might be interesting to have "merchant" npcs that travel across the herocraft map (i.e. appear on one end, walk across, disappear on the other), buying and selling goods. I dont know if this is even remotely codeable, but that would add enormous rp value while creating more activity in the economy. Perhaps these could even be groups of npcs, with some guards for the merchants. Players could take on these caravans or trade with them.

That is the sort of thing to be seen in the adventure map.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
It'll take HC too far away from the basics of MC.

I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Are you worried HC would be too difficult for inexperienced players?

I always thought the basics of MC were really making farms and building. Combat and adventure mode seemed to come as an afterthought. I think we just have different views. I'm of the opinion that having a little industry would bring HC closer to MC's basics.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Are you worried HC would be too difficult for inexperienced players?

I always thought the basics of MC were really making farms and building. Combat and adventure mode seemed to come as an afterthought. I think we just have different views. I'm of the opinion that having a little industry would bring HC closer to MC's basics.

I just think that the idea you suggest is pointless. I see ''Planting 12 trees'' and ''Plant some wheat'', as repetitive and boring quests, which could be exploited to make a lot of coin. I'd much prefer the adventure map to have quests such as ''Reach the end of a dungeon'', or ''Collect and bring back an item'', or even ''Defeat a group of MOBs in a set location''.

I thought most well known role playing games, the true classics, had these forms of quests? I don't recall any adventure game that goes and tells you to ''Plant 12 trees, come back, repeat.'', or anything like it. Well, I know of SOME, but they arn't very good games.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Would it be possible to make a quest NPC in spawn? Like go plant 12 trees and the NPC will give you 5c etc. etc. Have it be repeatable. I think that would follow the fantasy/medieval herocraft theme. Plus it might make towns want to consider an 'industry' to make money. i.e. xyz hamlet might specialize in lumberjack, another town might farm wheat or melon etc. etc.

It might result in a really drastic economic change though.

However, it could also have added benefits of more trees being planted, more pvp as people protect their forests, or more pvp as a result of more people going to spawn to get quests.

-Is there a group already working on this?
We currently have an Adventure map in the works and a small quest team. Thing is, quests are icky atm and we are waiting to have them be better. Currently, there are no ETA. @Orangedude345 Don't go spreading rumors, Kain will castrate you (That is assuming someone else doesn't get to you first).

F

Falker57

This would fit in with Outposts!!! MY one and only dream for HC (besides wiping DG after 2 months cause I feel it dropped in awesomeness after that)

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
This has been done hundreds of times before on servers other than HC and I think it takes away too much from the core gameplay and focus that Heroes brings, as well as altering the economy. It's a good idea, but I think Herocraft will be more fun without.