• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Friends List

Super593

Glowstone
Not sure if there is a plugin for this or anything

The command for this would be /friends list :To view friends

/Friends add "Username" :To add friends

/Friends remove "Username :To remove friends

Like.Whenever a person on your friends list logs on it would say

"Username has logged on"

"Username has logged off"

Whenever you do /friends list it also shows you which of your friends are on/off

EX:/friends list

TehNoobSluyer ON

TheAncientTeam OFF

Trazil OFF

This allows people to keep track of friends they make in herocraft.Especially those that are not in their town.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
Lol. You really need a plugin to keep track of your "friends".

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
Could be useful. Or just get towns together. You know...your 'buddies' in towns...or just one of you become a donor and then make a chat to keep in touch with your 'friends'.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I like this idea. Most if not all MMOs have a friends list. I'd suggest adding some sort of info or notepad line that allows someone to make comment on how they know the person. It would even be cool to be able to have a "scroll over" setting where a person first does /friends list to see everyone on their list, and then can /friend info <name> and it pops up their name akin to the new item scroll over, identifying their name, class, profession, town affiliation, and any comments that have been added by you about them.

This could also be done in "book" form, akin to the book of heroes we currently have for our own player.

Not saying that it is an essential feature, but it would be nice, especially in the event HC takes off and starts seeing hundreds upon hundreds of players on all the time up to its 500 person cap.

-yav

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
I really like this idea too. I play with alot of people in various towns and without doing several /ch who's i have trouble sometimes knowing they are on. It's not a requirement but it would be a nice convenience.

Super593

Glowstone
The reason I suggested this idea was so that.

People who weren't in towns could keep track of their friends

Or people in towns could keep track of Out of town friends

Or of admins

Or etc.

It helps build a sense of community.It could even help guilds communicate also by keeping track of other "Guildies" that are online.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is an idea that's already been passed around a lot as we've been moving down the road towards splitting each map into a different server instance. Reason being is that you wouldn't be able to see other people across other servers. The idea was that instead of just "Online" it would state which server your friend was on at the time (only if they accept you as a friend too).

But this isn't something I see happening in the near future.