• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion FREE Limited Combat Class Change

Rhetoricus

Coal
Most all of my suggestions come from being a coin starved player. I don't know how many people may be in the same situation, but I had a thought that may be interesting in regards to class change. What if we were allowed to change to one of each style of class for free (there could be a cool down timer on this ability or not, depending on balance issues). You would still have to pay to open the class, but once you get it, it's free to change. Also, you would have to pay to switch to a different type in that combat style. For example, one could freely change between these four classes that are pre-selected (with /hero confirm) if they wanted:

Necromancer
Bard
Samurai
Mystic

If possible, a new command could be added like /hero change healer and it changes to that style. Of course this could never be done in combat. Even if there was no cool down on it, it would be on the combat timer cool down like ports and food. They could change to any one they choose at NO cost but are limited to these 4. If you wanted to switch it up, you pay the 250 or 500 coin fee to change one of the combat styles, like Necromancer to Pyromancer for instance leaving you with:

Pyromancer
Bard
Samurai
Mystic

Due to the loss of NPC Quests (and I know I obsess over this in the forums), coin is much more precious to hold on to for some players. It makes it difficult to try other play styles because they need to hold money for LWC or just to participate in the economy. This would provide more goals for players to work on and allow them to have more variety without having to wait weeks to change classes. It shouldn't be too hard on the economy because many player may still to wish one of their combat style choices at a cost as currently enabled.

This idea would specifically fit the combat classes only. I think the fee to change professions should remain intact as that is what supports the economy and need for other players. I hope that this post is clear as I can sometimes be wordy, if anything needs to be clarified further, please let me know. I look forward to hearing input from you all!

Thanks,
Rhetoricus

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Coin starved? We have to much coin dude if anything it should cost more to change to a different class

Rhetoricus

Coal
Coin starved is not the main point of the post. The idea is meant to give a quicker, more efficient method to try the different combat styles. It brings variety to play style and won't cost 500 coin an hour. It's still limited as one per healer, rogue, warrior, caster. The idea is to bring the RPG element that some MMOs give such as Final Fantasy where you can play multiple jobs on one character. Coin starved is my personal state of being, I understand that there is a good number of people who are loaded with cash, but that is not the focus of my topic.