• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Forum strike system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, every time I've logged on to browse the forums. I see post after post of the same people just down right being rude and ignorant (as well as shitposting) on a variety of threads while little to no constructive feedback is given. From my point of view, this is a major problem for any new player wanting to get involved with the community and needs to be addressed urgently. Another major problem I feel is the powers that thread creators have within their thread, I've actually gave up on specific threads as I have little to control other than comments in trying to keep it on topic as well as trying to prevent needless arguments.

So, my suggestion would be to;

+ Give thread creators more control of their actual threads by giving them powers to delete certain replies or even hide them for specific reasons
+ Implement a strike system, this style would work by looking at specific peoples responses in a variety of threads. If they are 'shitposting' they will receive a strike/ warning. After x amount of strikes/ warning, they get muted from posting replies and threads for y amount if time.

Side note;

Before commenting on this thread, please make sure you have read the entire suggestion as well as keeping it on topic. Also, please give valid reasons to why you like or dislike this idea rather than posting 'I don't like this idea'. Thanks in advance :)

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
its the internet and the internet= rude people, trolls and rude people that are trolls

And to prevent this race from breeding here too:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chat Rules
The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:

• Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
  • Homophobic or racist terms in public chats (whether intended for public chat or not).
  • Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
  • Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
    • This includes other teamspeak servers, other minecraft servers, personal vents/mumbles and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
    • This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft, however staff does not support Real Money Trading and will not approve of trades as such.
  • The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
    • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
  • Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
  • Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
  • Deals made in trade chat are binding.
    • The sale of town mayorships is not supported.
  • Posting in a township or guild thread you are not a member of for anything other than guild business. Using their threads to start arguments or flame members will result in a 1-week forum suspension.
Main Server Rules
The following actions are prohibited:

• Harassment in any form to players or staff.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If the staff wouldn't be so careless regarding rule breakers, such suggestions and discussions wouldn't be required, and Beau hit the right point. If it would be wise to give the OP that possibility or not is not the question here, the question is if we've really reached a point where this would be required already. It's the people who feel mistreated at some point who make such suggestions, alone that event proofs that something here is not right.
All signed up agreeing to the terms and conditions, that includes the server rules too, so I would love to see the reaction from @Moderators @Admins @Rules Council to this subject right here.
Even though the internet is the anarchist's dream world, you are not supposed to behave like a complete asshole in a private instance of it, especially if it's a place you don't even own.

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
And to prevent this race from breeding here too:
Chat Rules
The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:

• Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
  • Homophobic or racist terms in public chats (whether intended for public chat or not).
  • Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
  • Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
    • This includes other teamspeak servers, other minecraft servers, personal vents/mumbles and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
    • This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft, however staff does not support Real Money Trading and will not approve of trades as such.
  • The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
    • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
  • Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
  • Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
  • Deals made in trade chat are binding.
    • The sale of town mayorships is not supported.
  • Posting in a township or guild thread you are not a member of for anything other than guild business. Using their threads to start arguments or flame members will result in a 1-week forum suspension.
Main Server Rules
The following actions are prohibited:

• Harassment in any form to players or staff.

If the staff wouldn't be so careless regarding rule breakers, such suggestions and discussions wouldn't be required, and Beau hit the right point. If it would be wise to give the OP that possibility or not is not the question here, the question is if we've really reached a point where this would be required already. It's the people who feel mistreated at some point who make such suggestions, alone that event proofs that something here is not right.
All signed up agreeing to the terms and conditions, that includes the server rules too, so I would love to see the reaction from [USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=47]@Rules Council[/USERGROUP] to this subject right here.
Even though the internet is the anarchist's dream world, you are not supposed to behave like a complete asshole in a private instance of it, especially if it's a place you don't even own.
I completely agree. Some people post very distasteful and rude comments on suggestion threads and it really demotivates people from even trying to make new suggestions.

All the shitposts that just got deleted on this thread really just proves the point.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
People who create threads don't currently have the power to remove posts themselves but they certain can ask for them to be removed.

This button here
z6wJPcT.jpg
. I check reports as often as possible and delete crap, but I don't have time to check every single thread. Many mods are online often and can likewise delete threads. Death-threats, pedophilia..etc I've seen it all, it just takes one click to remove.

Need proof? Look how clean this thread is now.
If you want something removed then report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.