• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Forum] Prefixes for Townships forum

rahlzel

TNT
For the purpose of helping players find a Township to join, I highly recommend prefixes for the Townships forum.

Assuming more than one prefix is allowed, the first prefix would be a choice between:
  • Hamlet
  • Town
  • Capital
Whereas a second prefix could be:
  • PvP
  • PvE
This would also assist the search for townships by using the "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the forum:

a0tzXjO.png

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
For the purpose of helping players find a Township to join, I highly recommend prefixes for the Townships forum.

Assuming more than one prefix is allowed, the first prefix would be a choice between:
  • Hamlet
  • Town
  • Capital
Whereas a second prefix could be:
  • PvP
  • PvE
This would also assist the search for townships by using the "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the forum:

a0tzXjO.png

you forget that there is one more size. that size is : City, it comes before Capital and after Town

other than that this would be very helpful

rahlzel

TNT
This seems to be a popular idea, and there are no downsides to it. What can we do to get it in motion?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Prefixes are made. If you guys can't select them, Kainzo or Danda can fix it, heh.

rahlzel

TNT
Prefixes are made. If you guys can't select them, Kainzo or Danda can fix it, heh.

Thanks for doing this.

Two things:
  1. I was missing "City" from my list in my OP. Added.
  2. The PvP and PvE prefixes override the city-type prefixes. Is there any way to have 2 prefixes per thread? I actually don't know, and I'm not sure if there is.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahlzel

TNT
I have a revised idea.

Since multiple prefixes aren't available and uniformity is preferred over mis-matched "Hamlet" and "PvP" prefixes, perhaps it's better to only have PvP and PvE prefixes. This will keep towns organized by the realm that they're in, and since towns change their type by upgrading but not their realm (to my knowledge), it will be a nice, static prefix that won't need to be changed after the thread is made.

In other words, I recommend removing the city-type prefixes and only leaving "PvP" and "PvE" in the list, so new threads only have 2 prefixes to choose from. I'm also assuming "RPG" isn't needed, but I don't know for sure. If the RPG realm allows for towns this might need to be added as well.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
  1. The PvP and PvE prefixes override the city-type prefixes. Is there any way to have 2 prefixes per thread? I actually don't know, and I'm not sure if there is.
There isn't

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Where is this up to?

The selectable prefixes under Township Planning appear to be PvP and PvE.

The selectable prefixes under Townships appear to be Hamlet, Town, Capital, PvP and PvE.

However it seems that prefixes have been rarely used before now.

I agree that it would be very useful for townships to at least display PvP or PvE on their town thread, now that these prefixes are available.

rahlzel

TNT
@Alator , I'm still not seeing the "City" prefix:

1w1z4rX.png

...but before you add it in, I'd like to request that you consider my last post, along with @WitchOnaRampage's post. I think the prefixes for both forums (Townships and Township Planning) may as well be only "PvP" and "PvE". My original idea to include the town type was only valid if multiple prefixes were available, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sorry for bugging you about this. I'm sure you guys are busy. I just think this would be a simple addition with a major impact, so I'm hoping it can be done. Thanks!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Here's another idea that would help deal with players forgetting to set a tag.

How would it be to have two subforums - PvP Townships and PvE Townships?

Then within each of these the Hamlet/Town/City/Capital prefixes could be offered for those to remember to use them.

rahlzel

TNT
Here's another idea that would help deal with players forgetting to set a tag.

How would it be to have two subforums - PvP Townships and PvE Townships?

Then within each of these the Hamlet/Town/City/Capital prefixes could be offered for those to remember to use them.

Beautiful. This isn't even a compromise. This is accomplishing both points in an even more organized way.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Alrighty. The township forum has been reworked a bit based on your suggestions. Players can no longer create posts in the primary townships forum. This area will be reserved for alerts and information from the Staff. Posts will have to be created in one of the subforums that best describe them: planning, PvE, or PvP. The four levels of townships will have to be selected when you make a new thread.

YOU NEED TO PM ME WITH THE NAME OF YOUR TOWN AND WHICH FORUM YOU WANT IT MOVED TO.
Until then, you will be unable to post in your forum. Yes it's obnoxious, but it's the only way people will actually respond.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Alator here's a list of the towns on each server. It might be easier than waiting on players to notify you. The list will include inactive towns, but it's correct for server.

Thanks for following through on this player suggestion!

PvE ie Sanctuary

Arktoria
Belmont
CobbleDumperTon
DarKunor
Delve
Nevermore
Niflheim
Oakenshire
Ravenhold
The_Pirate_Shop
UrfNation

PvP ie Aegis

Aeternus
Aincrad
Alderrath
Apex
Aria
Bosk
Burgundia
DarKunor
Dawn
Divinity
Dmilk
Eterna
Flavia
FPS
Groningen
Helios
Holdeaveik
Hollywood
Insomnia
Joro
Keldrin
Kurcina
Midgard
Mystic
NaCl
Neo-Arcadia
PortRoyal
Providence
Qeynos
Ragnarok
Rochclaw
Shroud
Sicarius
Silverspring
Solis
Sparta
Tortuga
Ziemniak

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Oh gurl. I'll go off of this, thanks. if they want their town moved later, they can ask me.