• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ForgeLight Fortnight Resets

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
ForgeLight, the official mining map of HeroCraft has now been left to rot, nearly completely mined out. This is due to a very large playerbase and having the best way, if not the only way to level up by mining, however that is becoming increasingly harder with the disappearance of ores to mine.

When I heard of ForgeLight coming out about a month ago(?), I was stoked and ready to mine. In a few days it had been destroyed by miners, and was the same, if not more depleted than Bastion.
I thought that the reason the 'mining' map came out was so that people could mine? Wasn't warshard supposed to be reset every couple of weeks, but nobody ever got around to it, and that's why we had ForgeLight put created? Every map is depleted and honestly, I think there should be a fortnightly reset of the ForgeLight map, but make the map smaller, maybe 2kx2k to make PVP more frequent and prevent too much ore corrupt the economy.

If you don't agree with me, please post why. Don't troll, flame or hate here, we're all here to express our views on this subject, and to do so in a mature manner.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
The map was not destroyed in a few days, I went from level 1 crafter to a fully spec'ed Smith on Forgelight and it was not done when the map was first released.

There is ore, you just need to know where to find it.

Warshard cannot be reset because greylisted people actually make camps there, they do survive and play there. It would be unfair to reset that map as they would lose EVERYTHING.

I still think there is a ton of ore to be found in Forgelight, people are just lazy and do not want to search for it =P

I do agree it would be fun to reset Frogelight so the mad rush to get ore starts up again ^^

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Wait, I thought it was legal to grief structures in Forgelight (and Warshard)? If people make camps there, won't they just get destroyed (meaning any reset, really, shouldn't matter)?.... O_O

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Wait, I thought it was legal to grief structures in Forgelight (and Warshard)? If people make camps there, won't they just get destroyed (meaning any reset, really, shouldn't matter)?.... O_O
Dem hidden camps, Majoras, dem hidden camps.

Also, in the dev notes it says that they are making Forgelight 1.6kx1.6k from 1.2kx1.2k tomorrow :D

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Dem hidden camps, Majoras, dem hidden camps.

Also, in the dev notes it says that they are making Forgelight 1.6kx1.6k from 1.2kx1.2k tomorrow :D
That's awesome, but it still needs reset cycles.

The map was not destroyed in a few days, I went from level 1 crafter to a fully spec'ed Smith on Forgelight and it was not done when the map was first released.

There is ore, you just need to know where to find it.

Warshard cannot be reset because greylisted people actually make camps there, they do survive and play there. It would be unfair to reset that map as they would lose EVERYTHING.

I still think there is a ton of ore to be found in Forgelight, people are just lazy and do not want to search for it =P

I do agree it would be fun to reset Frogelight so the mad rush to get ore starts up again ^^
Ores are too hard to find at the moment and people can't be bothered looking that hard (as you said), leveling is hard enough as it is. By having these resets, there would be the initial fun and chaos of this new environment and would have large turnouts and be a very fun experience, and would provide an actual mining map, instead of just another map, which is what it is basically considered at the moment. I'm sure more than 50% of the server mines on bastion, when the mining map should be the map used for mining. People need incentives to mine there, maybe would could incorporate a quest into ForgeLight to do with mining, or have a village of quests that people can do in forgelight. Quests could be collecting iron, gold, diamonds, or just excavating stone from somewhere. This would encourage more people using the mining map.[DOUBLEPOST=1359638790,1359638706][/DOUBLEPOST]That's actually a good idea, unique mining quests focused at mining in ForgeLight.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

They lose any items as well. Imagine you being a greylisted person and having a great time on Warshard, you have a little base and some hidden chests with gold ore in it. You are lucky enough to not have had them stolen. You log off one day, maybe a week later you come back because you are busy with other things, only to find your gold gone because of a wipe.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Cave mining is dried up on any map with our community in a matter of weeks.

While I am not opposed to a "regeneration" - we're expanding Forgelight from 1200 to 1600 - this friday @ 6pm CST.

So get ready for that!
We'll go from there about the regen.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Cave mining is dried up on any map with our community in a matter of weeks.

While I am not opposed to a "regeneration" - we're expanding Forgelight from 1200 to 1600 - this friday @ 6pm CST.

So get ready for that!
We'll go from there about the regen.
Kk awesome, but I only hope this doesn't turn into one of the maps that just keep on expanding. Temp solving a problem is never good, and I personally believe that this should be adressed in a long-term solution.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kk awesome, but I only hope this doesn't turn into one of the maps that just keep on expanding. Temp solving a problem is never good, and I personally believe that this should be adressed in a long-term solution.
Infinite renewable resources isnt good for the economy. We could write a script or two and have everything below 50=Y regenerate on a weekly/monthly basis.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Infinite renewable resources isnt good for the economy. We could write a script or two and have everything below 50=Y regenerate on a weekly/monthly basis.
I really like this idea, but this would look really weird if some building/mine or something else went down to y=50 and just ended out of nowhere lol

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I personally think it would be better if everything that is under 30 will be regened will be better.[DOUBLEPOST=1359672517,1359672484][/DOUBLEPOST]Except towns and regioned areas.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Infinite renewable resources isnt good for the economy.
weekly/monthly basis.

This. We do not want to ruin a Map with everyone running around in gold armor suddenly too rich to care about bounties or buying shops out of their entire stock.

At first implementation, should be monthly, or whatever Slower option you are considering, to better test the effects on the community/economy in a lesser manner prior to full implementation.

I like the idea mentioned in this thread to maintain some area of Warshard from the reset for noob bases, but it is so ugly around the spawn I would not be opposed to seeing a landscape reset there, perhaps not at ore depth to keep FL as THE mining map. The area around Warshard spawn Should be torn up, on fire, and full of danger. But not a horrible conglomerate of 4 block height differences and 1x1 holes that aren't even deep enough to kill anyone.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Please! I think this is AMAZING. Weekly seems to often, and monthly seems to long.
I guess a fortnight really is a relevant unit of time!