• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I have seen many players log out the moment they see someone. It's annoying whenever people log out. I have also had people log out the second they get out of combat and they log like 3 blocks in front of me. I have seen suggestions like this before but I didn't see one and wanted to bump this idea.

My suggestion is that when people log out they have the player left in game for 15 seconds. This would stop people from instantly logging out whenever they see someone. On top of that the PvP tag should be lengthened to 20 seconds.

Always logging out to avoid death is a problem with the community. I have been having this problem many times but it seems to have gotten worse. People say You can't PvP log! It's your fault you haven't kept them in combat. But most times they log out before I can get a hit on them.

I consider logging out to be cheaters. Just as much as any other hack or exploit. There's not much way to see if a player actually logged out intentionally, but it can be easily prevented.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Only problem with is: What if you legitimately didnt see someone and logged anyway? I know i have done this due to skype calls with people who were around. I logged, only to find that had i stayed someone would've come and most likely killed me.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Only problem with is: What if you legitimately didnt see someone and logged anyway? I know i have done this due to skype calls with people who were around. I logged, only to find that had i stayed someone would've come and most likely killed me.
This might apply to 0.1% of the logging cases.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This might apply to 0.1% of the logging cases.
But it is still a thing. My point being that sometimes you just log out. Not cause there's someone near you.
What if: If you are combat tagged, you get a 5 - 10 secound longer "logging" tag. This tag would then make you still exist. So yes, you 10 secounds (I dont know the real times, just use that instead) of combat tag are up and you can eat/recall/whatever, but if you log you will stay in the world.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
The logout NPC is the best solution. I though I saw Kainzo say - somewhat recently - that this is now a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.