• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fix FistofJin

So I just maxed out Disciple and am going for tier two. Grinding up was painfully long and boring, and I hit many mobs. Whistle leveling up I noticed no mater what I did, fistofjin only went off one tick per second, not the advertised max of 2 tics per second. No mater what I did, hit 3 mobs in a second, hit a mob twice in a second, I could not get it to trigger more than once a second. The (wiki) description of this ability reads:

Each of your melee strikes using your Disciple’s specific weapons restores (3 + 0.2 per wisdom point) health to you, and (6 + 0.2 per wisdom point) health to party members within (7 + 0.05 per wisdom point) blocks. This ability does not heal more than twice per second.

This gives a heal of about 7 per second while in constant mele instead of the advertised 14ish possible.

Fistofjin's heal should be improved and only possible to trigger once a second (as is the current situation). Im not saying it should be given a full double to 14ish a second (taking in account human error when attacking) but a nice buff up to 10-12 health a hit would be great. Or you could just remove the bold and underline part from the description (would make me cry).

Just thought I should point out this discrepancy and hope for the best.

Very respectfully,
Dambielzzz

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So I just maxed out Disciple and am going for tier two. Grinding up was painfully long and boring, and I hit many mobs. Whistle leveling up I noticed no mater what I did, fistofjin only went off one tick per second, not the advertised max of 2 tics per second. No mater what I did, hit 3 mobs in a second, hit a mob twice in a second, I could not get it to trigger more than once a second. The (wiki) description of this ability reads:

Each of your melee strikes using your Disciple’s specific weapons restores (3 + 0.2 per wisdom point) health to you, and (6 + 0.2 per wisdom point) health to party members within (7 + 0.05 per wisdom point) blocks. This ability does not heal more than twice per second.

This gives a heal of about 7 per second while in constant mele instead of the advertised 14ish possible.

Fistofjin's heal should be improved and only possible to trigger once a second (as is the current situation). Im not saying it should be given a full double to 14ish a second (taking in account human error when attacking) but a nice buff up to 10-12 health a hit would be great. Or you could just remove the bold and underline part from the description (would make me cry).

Just thought I should point out this discrepancy and hope for the best.

Very respectfully,
Dambielzzz
Hrm, might be a bug. @Balance Team

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I dunno what the team has done since I left, but I made the skill, and I set it to only work once per second. I never even remotely considered allowing to occur more than that.

The primary reason there is a "once per second" cap is to alleviate the effectiveness on players using autoclickers or hacks. I did this because at the time, and probably still true, 60% of the PvPers were anything but legit. However, even legitimate players can get some major abuse out of this skill just by clicking super fast. This wasn't something I wanted, so I prevented it from happening.

If the balance team / coder team attempted to change this, and it isn't working, it's possible they didn't understand how it works. There is no "hit count per second" that is being checked every time you attack. Every time you are healed, a debuff is put on you. This debuff makes it so that any attack you perform does not trigger Fist of Jin. This debuff lasts one second. The only way to get it to trigger more than that, is to lower the debuff duration.

However, due to Minecraft being very laggy, I would not be surprised if the extra delay caused it to still feel like it only worked once per second. Heroes sometimes cannot keep up with tracking things that occur that frequently. This is all conjecture though--I have no idea what's currently going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I dunno what the team has done since I left, but I made the skill, and I set it to only work once per second. I never even remotely considered allowing to occur more than that.

The primary reason there is a "once per second" cap is to alleviate the effectiveness on players using autoclickers or hacks. I did this because at the time, and probably still true, 60% of the PvPers were anything but legit. However, even legitimate players can get some major abuse out of this skill just by clicking super fast. This wasn't something I wanted, so I prevented it from happening.

If the balance team / coder team attempted to change this, and it isn't working, it's possible they didn't understand how it works. There is no "hit count per second" that is being checked every time you attack. Every time you are healed, a debuff is put on you. This debuff makes it so that any attack you perform does not trigger Fist of Jin. This debuff lasts one second. The only way to get it to trigger more than that, is to lower the debuff duration.

However, due to Minecraft being very laggy, I would not be surprised if the extra delay caused it to still feel like it only worked once per second. That's all conjecture though--I have no idea what's currently going on behind the scenes.
Delf to the rescue.

Beau_Nearh

Portal

However, due to Minecraft being very laggy, I would not be surprised if the extra delay caused it to still feel like it only worked once per second. That's all conjecture though--I have no idea what's currently going on behind the scenes.

So how long until you come back? ;)