• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fisherman, The New Profession.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I know that improved fishing is in the farmers arsenal, but i propose we remove it from them and make an entirely new profession, Fisherman.

Here is my suggestion:
(crafter prereqs)
lvl 5 quicker health regen from eating fish or more hearts regened instead (A fisherman has a healthy diet of fish, fish, and more fish)
lvl 10 the ability to catch multiple fish per cast that scales with level (2 fish 1 hook)
lvl 20 the ability to catch "junk" instead of fish. Including but not limited to various armors, weapons, an occasional mob (no creepers...) Rarity of such increasing with lvl? (One mans trash is another mans treasure)
lvl 40 gills allow you to breathe underwater for a duration (you are what you eat)
lvl 50 fish market (I sell fish just for the halibut.)
lvl 60 fishing pole grappling hook. (fisher man, fisher man, does the things that a fisher can)

Anyway this is my suggestion for a new profession. What do you guys think?

I like it, but its a profession class, its damage cannot do any more damage then 10.... You can hold rightclick and hit over 212312810k in seconds.

macura

Diamond
This will most likely not be ever put in because crafter specs are not supposed to give people a pvp advantage and it has no actual purpose. However it was a creative idea.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I see what you mean by it should not be able to do damage, If at level 40 you got gills instead then i think it would remedy the pvp inbalance.

As for the comment that professions arent meant for pvp i argue that enchanting does exactly that, as well as alchemy.

*fixed*

I see what you mean by it should not be able to do damage, If at level 40 you got gills instead then i think it would remedy the pvp inbalance.

As for the comment that professions arent meant for pvp i argue that enchanting does exactly that, as well as alchemy.

*fixed*
by the pvp thing. they mean directly do damage. Like enchanter doesnt have a skill that just does 100 damage, they enchant a sword lets say then use there combat class to deal the damage. Ranger for instance- enchanter enchants bow. Then they use the bow to deal damage.

Joka10

Soulsand
Grappling hook thing is impossible, but I like it otherwise... Fishing is really boring right now. It'd be cool to add some color to it.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
grapple is not impossible, i have seen it done and it is OP and awesome.

the cheap fast health regen is OP too.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
yea grappling hook was on the last server i played on. it was amazing, and kind of the sole reason for suggesting this profession :p

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea, but it probably won't happen considering how monotonous fishing already is. Even with these skills, only the most masochistic will go to the lengths of mastering it...

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
I like this idea.

Seems more useful than Scribe, anyway.

If nothing else, a few Fisherman on the server might make the Barkeep's "bring me 5 fish so I can find my cat" quest easier on all of us. :)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
It is a good idea, but the way fishing works right now - everyone just hates fishing, so I don't think many would bother using the class. :p

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Here's the way i see it, the "junk" fishing would add some randomness and possibly profitable change to fishing. The increase in fish cought per cast would make up for when you pull up junk instead. I added the "junk" fishing to break the monotony.