• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion First spec from LS and Crafter

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Hello all,

Herocraft at the moment has a poor rate of people online to what we are used to. We find new players quitting the server after minimal time on the server. From what I have seen in the past few days is people starting to level and only finding out they need 800 souls all together to get out of their current specs. I see these people saying "oh stuff this" and log out. What I want to see is more new players staying. And @Kainzo I remember you bringing up we are moving away from "hardcore" so I guess we can make it a little more friendly to new players, also make the server more appealing, putting in some changes to lostsoul.

My thoughts on what could work;

• Lostsoul
    • Give lostsoul some more cool skills like fireball like a dragonsbreath but with lower damage and a different name (example).
    • Lower the first spec out of lostsoul from 400souls -> 200souls
  • Crafter
    • As well with lostsoul make the class a little better for new players to look forward to a more advanced profession.
    • Lower the first spec out of Crafter from 400souls -> 200souls.
Ultimately I want to see more new players stay on here for longer so our population does not stagnate but increase.
Thanks for taking the time to read,

@WitchOnaRampage :)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I, too, have seen new players take fright when they're faced with 400 souls per class to choose their first specs.

There doesn't seem to be anything gained by making the first spec change so expensive.

Let's face it, this far from the start of the map it's only new players that are making a first class change, and we're wanting to encourage them, not scare them off.

Also, new players can master their base classes more quickly now, what with mobs being easier to kill and farming exp increased (I think). So they have less time in which to gather such a formidable pile of soul fragments.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We've enabled gaining souls when you level (25% chance) ... and also when you master (larger rate)

This should cut down on initial issues.

I think we may want to allow just free spec once players get master, we used to do that back in the day.