• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

fireball issue?

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
i am not sure if this is a bug or if it a game mechanic,

i fireball a mob or player and they are set fire like normal, however

the issue im coming across all the time is that the next fireball i throw while they are burning goes right through them and does no dmg. i have confirmed this with scan.

it takes 2-3 more fireballs while they are still on fire for the dmg from the fireball skill to be taken.

is this legit or is this a bug?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I've experienced the same thing. I think it's a trouble with how the server processes the damage. After a target is damaged there's a moment or two where they can't be hit again. It's troubling in some circumstances but I've always accepted it as a Minecraft issue.

If it disappeared entirely melee hits might be way too potent, though. I'm not sure.

Cracksz

Stone
happens to me, i think the ticks of fire damage make the mob immune to damage for a set period of time, you have to space out your balls :p

Luke Strife

Legacy Supporter 3
Yep I've experienced this many countless times beforehand. Whilst a mob is burning from a fireball, it is impossible to hit them with another fireball. You must wait until they have stopped burning (either once the DoT is finished, or they make contact with water) before the next fireball is able to hit them. I've just put up with it as a quirk mechanic, so I've gotten into the habit of just moving backwards (effectively kiting them) between shots.