• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fireball > Chaosorb

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Putting forth a little suggestions, leave your comments below.

I personally think as a pyromancer that we should scrap chaosorb and replace it with fireball.

~Reasoning~
1. Chaosorb can be very hard to land during pvp when getting knocked around.
2. Fireball I find is a lot easier to land.
3. Pyro can throw enderpearls so why do we have the need of throwing an enderpearl on fire.
4. This would give pyromancer the ability to damage its enemy if it was trying to get away when you no longer have enderpearls.

-Jrr

spiralz

Obsidian
I like ChaosOrb. It has a lower range than Fireball as it is supposed to. Pyro is a short-medium ranged mage/melee fighter. ChaosOrb is also useful for so much more than combat such as safely teleporting to the ground from great heights and teleporting through small spaces to get into a town/house without having to waste precious Ender Pearls. It is quite a useful skill when used properly. It can also be very bad for your enemy if you practice and get really good at landing them on your foe during battle. As a tip, since Pyro isn't too great at escaping fights they no longer want to participate in, always keep/use Speed potions. Use Speed II pots during battle and Speed I pots while traveling longer distances.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah I know it is bloody awesome using it to get down cliffs and stuff. Fireball has its advantages and chaosorb has its advantages.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
pyro used to have fireball but it was removed due to the fact that there is no reason for a close/med range class to have a long range skill. it makes it so u can kite classes and also fight them head on.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Chaos orb is a gap closing/escape skill. It is not meant to be compared to fireball, as the two skills have completely different uses.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I used to have this complaint as well but I have since learned to utilize Chaos Orb much better. Perhaps if the class name were changed it might make more sense to people why we have this skill and not Fireball? Perhaps we would be better known as Chaos Mages given our skill set and penchant for dark, twisted magic.

Moralsk

Gold
As already said they're not intended for same thing. However one problem I ran into when I played as pyro for a little while with Chaos Orb was

1.) Since I teleported to the mob I consistently had to get hit once or twice
2.) This mob would also set me on fire quite often