• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Fire Aspect Swords...

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I made a post similar to this probably 8 months ago and nothing has really changed in this department. Fire Aspect swords are quite easily attainable, whereas fire aspect hoes/disks/fish/sticks are only given away in events once in a blue moon.

Disregard how little manage you think it deals to an opponent. The fact remains that fire aspect is only an option for sword carriers. If balance has been a top priority these past couple of months, why wasn't this considered?

Signed, a bitch ass healing class.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
i wish there was looting disks then i would farm cows as bard too :D

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
Eldrylars trade district shoppe!
-15-150
get'em while they're hot!
This isnt a trade post u derp <3
Fire aspect other tools makes the game too unbalanced. The classes have been balanced knowing that some classes can use fa and some cant.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
All classes can use FA as long as they choose smith as a profession.

But on topic, with the changing item system and changing enchanting system I see this request happening sooner then later just by the normal changes that are slated to eventually come in.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

But on topic, with the changing item system and changing enchanting system I see this request happening sooner then later just by the normal changes that are slated to eventually come in.
Later rather than sooner.*

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

I'll get right on sacrificing my profession just so I can wield a sword that will deal a fraction of the damage a base weapon should do on any primary class. Thanks for the awesome advice.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
I was under the impression that fire aspect items were going to be implemented when anvils were fixed via bukkit API. Of course we have no idea when bukkit will get that sorted, but I thought that was the original solution. They could always sell fire aspect weapons at the item store, though.

Arturec

Soulsand
They are working on a MythicDrops system, which is similar to "Diablo Drops, with random enchants and stuff" but as I've seen they may have found another idea. Honestly I suggest this Mythic Drops or Artificer's Enchants + this one blacskmith mod I've seen is amazing!

The way I've seen how this other mod works is: You first enchant an item, (Perfectly good wit heroes) then use a blacksmith's anvil to upgrade it (Right clicking a regular anvil lets u try to repair, instead of /skill repair, but lighting a fire 2 blocks under, so the anvil doesnt smother the fire, will let you upgrade on that anvil instead)

Rightclicking the anvil with fire starts to upgrade:
Power for Bows
Sharpness for any tools (or efficiency, I'm sure it's editable)
Protection for armor

Meaning in order to get the best enchants on a sword, you must first enchant your sword, then hand it over to a blacksmith to upgrade. Once this is done, you can go to an articifer's table (This is useable by any prof, but could maybe be for master enchanters)

All profs should get a skill called "Siphoning Gem" which triggers when you kill somebody. When they are killed they give a soulgem of similar value to their level, (EG: Level 1 Warrior = Petty Soul Gem, Level 65 Dragoon: Legendary Soul Gem)

To use an artificer's table, one must put an enderchest right under an enchantment table, rightclicking this
opens a certain type of GUI, where you put a soul gem and a tool and it will fill a "Slot" on the tool (All tools have 2 slots, but certain slot enchants either give an extra or don't take one up"

These slot enchants give bonuses too, such as "Savage - +4 Damage" or "Hell - Do 50% bonus damage in the nether, +2 Damage" etc.

All in all, I prefer the 2nd system, and yes, I'VE PLAYED WITH THIS ON A VANILLA SERVER so it's comepletely do-able. In the coming days I'll ask the server admin on it to tell me which plugin it is (Because the silly man left /pl available) and I should say that doing this could revolutionize Enchanter + Blacksmith

:)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I made a post similar to this probably 8 months ago and nothing has really changed in this department. Fire Aspect swords are quite easily attainable, whereas fire aspect hoes/disks/fish/sticks are only given away in events once in a blue moon.
The issue is that hoes/disks/fish/sticks don't have durability on damaging targets so these items will NEVER break or have a chance to lose their enchant. It is something that will never leave the economy and will only inflate the economy over time.
They are working on a MythicDrops system, which is similar to "Diablo Drops, with random enchants and stuff" but as I've seen they may have found another idea. Honestly I suggest this Mythic Drops or Artificer's Enchants + this one blacskmith mod I've seen is amazing!
We are using neither mod. We will be using HeroForge which is a custom plugin being developed by our coding team that will add in a bunch of effects to armour/weapons as well as interacting with the stats system we're working into Heroes.