• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

FFA PvP server as the "mining server"

Saber993

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not going to go into great detail on this because the idea is fairly simple. People are concerned that the PVP FFA server will go largely unused or will yield little reward as people will not bring in valuables outside of their diamond armor/weaponry.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps when generating the map, if gold/diamonds/lapis are generated more often, it would become more rewarding for more of the playerbase to travel there. Wish to mine in safety? Stay on the main map. Feeling a little more adventurous? Go to the PvP FFA map and mine hoping to hit it big, but don't go unprepared.

This would work a little better if /home didn't transfer you between maps, but I'm not sure how that works.

Angusward

Gold
I can see it happening. Make the map limits fairly small so people can find you easily, and populate it well with resources. Give a good risk/reward ratio and it will be used. Naturally you'd need to be able to transfer items between the servers. Teleport spells like /home will not be available so it's harder to get away if you are caught. Blink, of course, as a combat spell, would still be fine.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
we wont be expanding the main map any more. Im working on the server, ill touch on this more. Home currently DOES NOT transfer you between maps.