• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion farming drops (soul) to (gold)

bloodking_shunSY

Legacy Supporter 8
back in maps before. crafter and farmers can make money off the souls that drop from farming...

now seen to be no way for us to make money unless we can get cow farm which is only able to be summoned at level 45...

and leather demand is not really high since mobs and boss drop leather armor

I kindly ask that we can add gold nugget drop or gold to farming so the farmer can stay a bit more wealthy.

thank you

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree - gold nuggets could be a drop just a little rarer than they drop from mobs.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
You need to be careful with this; I think it should give a percentage chance of a gold nugget drop once you breed an animal. This at least makes it active (need to physically tend to your farm instead of mass murdering your animals). More importantly, this ensures that only the farmer will get rewarded with gold since only farmers can breed.

I think you run into the problem of making it an actual cash farm if there's a percentage chance of dropping gold when you destroy crops. That could potentially ruin the economy.

bloodking_shunSY

Legacy Supporter 8
You need to be careful with this; I think it should give a percentage chance of a gold nugget drop once you breed an animal. This at least makes it active (need to physically tend to your farm instead of mass murdering your animals). More importantly, this ensures that only the farmer will get rewarded with gold since only farmers can breed.

I think you run into the problem of making it an actual cash farm if there's a percentage chance of dropping gold when you destroy crops. That could potentially ruin the economy.

but if you think about it... if a miner go out and mine, how many gold and diamond and items he will get? will that destroy the econmy? no

so i don;t see why farms can;t drop gold nuggets... it simply a balance between professonal class.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I say make it drop a little gold. Farmer used to make bank with a big enough farm, it not being able to get that money is a pretty massive nerf tbh. @Irishman81 you're balance, got any input? Mind you only farmer should get the gold drop and it shouldn't be as good as getting souls were.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I say make it drop a little gold. Farmer used to make bank with a big enough farm, it not being able to get that money is a pretty massive nerf tbh. @Irishman81 you're balance, got any input? Mind you only farmer should get the gold drop and it shouldn't be as good as getting souls were.
Sounds fine to me, I'll see what I can do

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds fine to me, I'll see what I can do

I think the money should be restricted to only what farmers can do. (Anyone can destroy crops and kill animals). Restrict the drops to breeding animals only and that would prevent towns from making massive farms for the whole town to reep the benefits of.

I understand the frustration that farmers have, but they are not forbidden to go mining, even though it doesn't give EXP. Mobs drop a pretty crazy amount of gold as is. I don't think anyone is poor this map.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the money should be restricted to only what farmers can do. (Anyone can destroy crops and kill animals). Restrict the drops to breeding animals only and that would prevent towns from making massive farms for the whole town to reep the benefits of.

I understand the frustration that farmers have, but they are not forbidden to go mining, even though it doesn't give EXP. Mobs drop a pretty crazy amount of gold as is. I don't think anyone is poor this map.
Farmers could also go mining before the change, and it was actually faster money if you factor in the time it takes to set up a quality underground farm. As long as the gold drop from crops is restricted to farmer, I see it being fine.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
If we can't just restrict drops based on class, would it be possible to give a passive skill that can drop gold nuggets, similar to Herbalism?

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
If we can't just restrict drops based on class, would it be possible to give a passive skill that can drop gold nuggets, similar to Herbalism?
I was actually just about to suggest this, it shouldn't be too hard at all. My only issue is it might be a bit tedious to denote which crops will drop gold and which won't, or having different rates for each.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I was actually just about to suggest this, it shouldn't be too hard at all. My only issue is it might be a bit tedious to denote which crops will drop gold and which won't, or having different rates for each.
I'm no coder so keep this in mind but:

Similar to how Miners can get Diamond From stone, could we repurpose the logic behind that for individual crops?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Actually, we totally can. You should look into coding, you certainly think like a coder.
That's what happens when you take classes on it haha, I'm just unfamiliar with Heroes and how it functions.
I'm good at the logic, no so much Execution.

On topic however:

Sugar Cane should have the lowest Rates, simply because they are the easiest thing to farm.
Crops like Carrots & would be next
Wheat would be the highest Crop chance, but only if we can specify the fully grown state (I'm assuming we can) due to time.

Would it be possible to have the skill trigger on the Breeding event too? This assumes Breeding is farmer only, I know it wasn't for a while.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
That's what happens when you take classes on it haha, I'm just unfamiliar with Heroes and how it functions.
I'm good at the logic, no so much Execution.

On topic however:

Sugar Cane should have the lowest Rates, simply because they are the easiest thing to farm.
Crops like Carrots & would be next
Wheat would be the highest Crop chance, but only if we can specify the fully grown state (I'm assuming we can) due to time.

Would it be possible to have the skill trigger on the Breeding event too? This assumes Breeding is farmer only, I know it wasn't for a while.
Crops are easy, the breeding I'll have to look into.