• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmers should get Build xp

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
While reading on the profession specs. I noticed that Farmers only get XP for 3 things: skills, crafting, and logging.

http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Farmer

Every other profession spec gets 4-5 sources of experience. I would like to recommend adding Building to the list of things farmers get XP for. The justification for this is that most farmers in real life have to build their own structures because the nearest construction company or contractor is too far away to make it cost-effective (or in some cases, even possible). For those in a very agrarian society, such as the Amish, a lot of thought goes into their structures, and it's typically of superior construction to pre-fab building units. It would also give farmers a total of 4 sources of xp, putting them on par with the minimum of the other profession specs.

Lastly, giving farmers build experience would encourage them to create new, innovative ways of farming, or at least give them something to do while the crops come in.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While reading on the profession specs. I noticed that Farmers only get XP for 3 things: skills, crafting, and logging.

http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Farmer

Every other profession spec gets 4-5 sources of experience. I would like to recommend adding Building to the list of things farmers get XP for. The justification for this is that most farmers in real life have to build their own structures because the nearest construction company or contractor is too far away to make it cost-effective (or in some cases, even possible). For those in a very agrarian society, such as the Amish, a lot of thought goes into their structures, and it's typically of superior construction to pre-fab building units. It would also give farmers a total of 4 sources of xp, putting them on par with the minimum of the other profession specs.

Lastly, giving farmers build experience would encourage them to create new, innovative ways of farming, or at least give them something to do while the crops come in.
Yeah, I can see build exp. I'll need to make a reminder for this.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Yaaaay! Maybe I'll be farmer after all, then.

@c12095 - Why yes, yes I am. Though I won't be nearly as active as before. We're expecting our 3rd baby to be born right about the time the new map opens up. Also, new semester of college, full time job, planning my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and all the other joys of grown up life. So I'll only be on in brief spurts, largely unable to commit to any projects. I'm just going to build pretty things and farm.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Yaaaay! Maybe I'll be farmer after all, then.

@c12095 - Why yes, yes I am. Though I won't be nearly as active as before. We're expecting our 3rd baby to be born right about the time the new map opens up. Also, new semester of college, full time job, planning my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and all the other joys of grown up life. So I'll only be on in brief spurts, largely unable to commit to any projects. I'm just going to build pretty things and farm.

Well congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you in game again :D