• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farmer too difficult to gain levels..

Y

ytiggidmas

Let's face it.... Many people know by now that Mining is the one of the most popular, and accessible ways to master a profession, every specialization is able to get experience by mining, except for Farmer. Why should Farmer be the only one to have the burden of not being able gain experience through mining. Is it becuase Farming & Mining are two totally different things and therefore Farmer should not be able to gain experience from it? If so try considering all the other Professions(Excluding Miner), Alchemist, Enchanter, Engineer, Mason, Merchant, Scribe, Smith as they are all also very different from Mining, and yet they still get experience from mining. I know my last post was also a rant about getting something changed, and I just wanted to say I appreciate the great feedback from the community, and that I only make post like these to make Herocraft a better server!
TL;DR Every specialization gets experience from mining except for Farmer, let's make it fair to those who are Farmers, and grant them experience for mining!
note: I am not a farmer, I did not make this for my benefit.

Sweord

Glowstone
Wait, if you're not a farmer, how do you know it is too difficult to level? My town has a farmer and he's almost level 50. It depends on what you're doing with it.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Breed sheep, apparently that is key.

Engineers and Masons both need materials from mining to do their jobs lore wise and realistically, and smiths could be argued as metalworkers too.

I agree, Scribe, alchemist, enchanter, and merchant you could argue that they shouldnt get mining xp. However, unlike farmers there is no implemented alternative. Until there is a way to grant crafting xp without powerleveling for things like books or tools, it will stay like that.

Maybe merchants gain xp from people using their shops? That would be cool, but could have an effect on the economy and would have to be exploit proof.

Maybe alchemists get bonus xp from materials they need for recipes?

Perhaps there could be class specific quests to even out the experience difference?

Y

ytiggidmas

Well regarding Sheep/and other ways to gain exp. Try to consider that
1)Sheep can get killed by enemies
2)Mobs sometimes randomly get killed.(disappear)
3)Farms can get trampled by enemies.
4)Literally every other class can gain experience from mining.
5)Too much materials/time required to start getting decent experience.
6)Massive sheep/mob farms cause lag to the server and overall can ruin other players time on Herocraft.
7) Most people do not own fancy computers in which can handle all these mobs running in there minecraft.

Overall I think it would just be a lot simpler and more beneficial to the server to give Farmer experience from mining.

Howbadisbad

Soulsand
Well regarding Sheep/and other ways to gain exp. Try to consider that
1)Sheep can get killed by enemies
2)Mobs sometimes randomly get killed.(disappear)
3)Farms can get trampled by enemies.
4)Literally every other class can gain experience from mining.
5)Too much materials/time required to start getting decent experience.
6)Massive sheep/mob farms cause lag to the server and overall can ruin other players time on Herocraft.
7) Most people do not own fancy computers in which can handle all these mobs running in there minecraft.

Overall I think it would just be a lot simpler and more beneficial to the server to give Farmer experience from mining.

Or you could increase the Xp from crops.