• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Factions in Warshard. goes along with theme?

jewell012

Iron
With Warshard and basically every other place other than Bastion being complete greif, conflict and survival, a good plugin to add to this chaos and chance is Factions. it would make the experience in those worlds a challenge and at the same time be a reliable source people can depend upon. For example, i build this amazing work in Warshard, only to get off for the night and come back on with it crumbled. Though griefing is part of not being whitelisted, for those of us who are but still like the challenge of survival and fighting but being able to claim what youve built so if someone really wants to destroy it and take it over they'd have to kill you for it.

Don't get me wrong it should not be an ability for just any level to be able to claim land, maybe lvl 20 crafter or even after you master crafter should you be able to claim your own land. it would give other players a reason to really strive for playing and mastering crafter and not always complaining about how someone griefed their houses and land all the time.

Please consider Factions to add in. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We do not run factions because the plugin is highly unstable and has severe lag issues when you introduce large numbers of players onto a server. Ontop of that there are ways to protect your structures such as purchasing townships from our plugin Herotowns(serves a similar purpose to factions) and personal regions. Also any griefing that occurs on Bastion should be reported and it will be dealt with accordingly since griefing is illegal.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Jewel, we do not want people on the greylist perpetually, so it is unlikely that incentives to apply for the whitelist (of which towns with protected builds is one) will be in any way reduced.

Hc.to/apply If you want to live in the Bastion world with the real server members. Alternatively you can stick with the greylisters, but I find them to be less capable of decent, fun in-game interactions since many of them care so little about the community.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
While I have everyone's attention, I think Warshard, or another new side world, would make a great place to encourage more world pvp by adding in some defendable/capturable objectives. This was brought up in another topic but I can't find it.

Basically, in previous HC meetings, the concept of capturable areas (built pretty by architects) was proposed and alot of people like it. It was a reason to do pvp out in the world that wasn't at a town, and given Bastion has no North Road/Temple Road equivalent, there's nowhere but towns and graveyards for people to pvp!

Zeal's North Road, and Dragongarde's Temple Road were pvp hotspots because they were in highly traveled areas. These areas were highly traveled because there was multiple reasons for being there, such as the Temple mob arena in DG, and the Shops + high number of towns in the north.

Thoughts? It brings me back to GW2, how you moved to a different map for WvW. It was cool!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm all for capturable objectives / etc - but it has to be a lightweight plugin. Factions is not lightweight.