• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Extra chest shop command!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
So, I've only just recently created a few chest shops at the market to find out someone has under cut my prices by one soul. Now, this wouldn't be too much of a problem because changing my prices to match if not beat that person shouldn't be too much hustle right? Well it kinda is. To change my prices on those shops, I will have to first destroy the shop (people may steal while I'm re-setting it back up) as well as paying another 50 souls to create one (works out I'll be 25 souls out of pocket per change).

So, if it's possible (not sure if it would be). I would like to have a command that allows me to change the prices on each one of my shops without having to destroy it then recreate it after with the new prices.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, this really needs to be done.

The amount of times I have had to redo a shop because I got the prices slightly wrong already is high.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, I've only just recently created a few chest shops at the market to find out someone has under cut my prices by one soul. Now, this wouldn't be too much of a problem because changing my prices to match if not beat that person shouldn't be too much hustle right? Well it kinda is. To change my prices on those shops, I will have to first destroy the shop (people may steal while I'm re-setting it back up) as well as paying another 50 souls to create one (works out I'll be 25 souls out of pocket per change).

So, if it's possible (not sure if it would be). I would like to have a command that allows me to change the prices on each one of my shops without having to destroy it then recreate it after with the new prices.
@cindy_k wanted to make this change, im okay with it. @Acro

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Think how this will affect the economy. Since there is no product differentiation in minecraft the only reason one good is better than another is because its cheaper. If you can change the price more often, that leads to lower prices. In my opinion I slightly hate you for this suggestion because now goodbye to cashflow chest shops

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
Think how this will affect the economy. Since there is no product differentiation in minecraft the only reason one good is better than another is because its cheaper. If you can change the price more often, that leads to lower prices. In my opinion I slightly hate you for this suggestion because now goodbye to cashflow chest shops
wut

Beau_Nearh

Portal

I understand the point your making completely but it's all down to how much a player is willing to sell that item. Regardless of changing shop prices more frequently, if someone is willing to sell that item for half of what your selling it for. They will be the preferred choice. If however a group decides to price fix an item (let's say god picks for example). They could easily keep buying all the stock of anyone selling below their price leaving other players with no other choice than that set price (This is what's happening with leather currently).

I did manage to do this yesterday anyway, brought all the gunpowder I could find within trade district and raised the price from 1-1.5 souls per gunpowder to 3 souls per one. Made an absolute killing.