• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Examing Your Towns Region with Coal

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Using Coal, or whatever method town owners have to examine their region and its flags, should show you any recalls set on that block.

To find a recall currently, you have to watch them use their recall, or somehow infer from which direction the enderpearling wizard who is about to GTP came from.

If implemented, to find a recall you would have to go over your town meticulously with coal, spending lots of time and effort.

Would only work on your own towns region.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Hmm. I don't know. I don't see why this should happen. Sure, people setting their recalls inside a town sucks, but I guess that's what makes the server ''hardcore''. There are other ways of dealing with ''recall'' raiders.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
We are dealing with them as best we can.

I do not think this would be an issue. It would still allow for about a weeks worth of solid raiding, unless the town got very lucky or the Mark was poorly placed (ie center of town and obvious).

I would like to hear what alexhoff1 thinks of this possibility, since he is the one coordinating these raids atm. Should we suck it up and guess/lava your recall? Or should we be able to search for it, one block at a time.

edit: MajorasMask What if the towns mayor was able to assign exactly one (1) person the ability to use coal(or whatever) to search for recalls?

A

alexhoff1

Lol.
guess and check, I would do the same if I was raided.
It would take no time at all to scan for recall with coal, so no.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah. It doesn't take long to check each chunk. Even if you do, what then? Are you going to seal off the whole chunk? Most towns have undercities with high ceilings, and, for the most part, people set their marks in there.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Yeah. It doesn't take long to check each chunk. Even if you do, what then? Are you going to seal off the whole chunk? Most towns have undercities with high ceilings, and, for the most part, people set their marks in there.
I would either lava the whole chunk or block off a border around the entire chunk underground.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
This is a very small feature, but it would require too much implementation time and performance overhead. Keep in mind that users will be spamming coal all around town that queries a very large database causing dozens, maybe hundreds of calculations with each click.