• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Events

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
As most of you have already realized and noticed--There hasn't been any events. By events I don't mean DoD or a PvP Tourney. For some reasons even on HeroCraft's anniversary month we haven't had any events. We even have an 'Event Coordinator' now but a lack of events to coordinate.

King of the Kill
This could be down without too much struggle. With command blocks you can calculate points for everyone to see. You could calculate points in different ways, but preferably it would be calculated with points for the amount of time you hold the area
Spleef
Due to my inactivity during Bastion I only experienced one spleef tournament. It was held in the spleef arena, from what I can tell it didn't require too much effort from @Danda to reset the arena after every match

Trivia/Quizzes
These are good for anyone, usually the more veteran players have a better chance answering questions about the server but it does not necessarily have to be HeroCraft trivia, it could be just minecraft nics and nacs too.

Scavenger Hunts
I don't remember a lot of scavenger hunts but I remember the one around the Warshard boat (not really an event but more of an easter egg). There was one during Bastion that took place when the Catacombs were opened, and there may have been another that I can't remember specifically

Mazes
Why not? Anyone can participate and simple events do not necessarily need large rewards!

Mob Events
I don't really like the idea behind DoDs. I would rather have an event where people actually struggle to hold the Haven castle, or try to retake the ruins castle. With boss mobs and new advancements I think we could make mob events really enjoyable and not just for 'grinding' mobs for levels

PvP Tournies
Although these tournaments end up being unappealing to most due to levels, teams, and the groups they will be against. What I am trying to get at is that these need to be more consistent, my [Champion] title does not mean a whole lot when no one has the chance to contest it

Event Team
Most of the admins are usually busy with other things and don't really get the chance to set up really good events. So what I propose under the leadership of one of the admins we have an Event Team that sets up monthly events. I have plenty of ideas and I am half decent at building but it would need someone who knows redstone if we want to make some things have automated point systems (@STDs4YouAnd4Me ?), maybe its not too complicated but I am just bad with redstone.

What I want to know is, can we do this? I think it would be great to have a group of people planning weekly/biweekly/monthly events--but it is up to the admins @Kainzo @Xanipher @gabizou (already tagged Danda earlier, and Xani sorry if you were tagged twice I redid the whole post)

And one more thing, I was inactive for this 'Tree of Wisdom' event and it sounds like it was really good, hope we can have more just as good

Last edited:

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
As most of you have already realized and noticed--There hasn't been any events. By events I don't mean DoD or a PvP Tourney. For some reasons even on HeroCraft's anniversary month we haven't had any events. We even have an 'Event Coordinator' now but a lack of events to coordinate.

What my idea of an event would be King of the Hill with 2 man teams or 3 man teams (5, or however much seems good).
The Spleef tournament at the end of Bastion was fun and allowed anyone to participate (you didn't need to be mastered your combat class unlike PvP events to do well)
Puzzles, quizzes, mazes, there are plenty of different ways to have events that aren't only meant to train your class.

In my opinion I think having an event team that plan and set up events would be really helpful and make people look forward to something on HeroCraft everyother week or month. The head of this event team would obviously be the event coordinator, @Xanipher .

I am almost done for the night and I will add plenty more to this post tomorrow (I explained some things pretty 'sloppily')
I 100% agree with this post. Having an event doesn't necessarily mean you need to have a DoD every day. Even just simpler things, quizzes, scavenger hunts, and general smaller things. Maybe even move into some of the PvP events True mentioned. I would to be honest love to see a DoD similar to the one we had for @Angyles ' birthday last year, but for Herocraft's birthday.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I 100% agree with this post. Having an event doesn't necessarily mean you need to have a DoD every day. Even just simpler things, quizzes, scavenger hunts, and general smaller things. Maybe even move into some of the PvP events True mentioned. I would to be honest love to see a DoD similar to the one we had for @Angyles ' birthday last year, but for Herocraft's birthday.

Haha that was so much fun, thanks to @Danda and @gabizou

I know Danda and I had a blast with the "Tree of Wisdom" event as well. He and I should do that again sometime.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
+1 for this suggestion!

Tree of Wisdom was lots of fun (and infuriating). I like the variety in event types because everyone is given a fair chance to win. With PvP events only about 25 out of the hundreds of players on Herocraft really have a shot at winning. It would be great if we could have a monthly event that is planned and announced at the beginning of each month. It could be as simple as a quiz or as complex as the Tree of Life contest. Personally, I'm fine with anything, as it's nice to have something to look forward to and get excited about. That being said, I understand that all of the staff have been quite busy with the release of Haven and that the start of this map is the main priority. We'll just have to be patient. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A DoD at the start of the map is never a good idea, the most important thing in a new map is the race for levels. Hosting an event that massively increases that is a terrible idea especially when not everyone can be on at the same time.

I feel we're not starting to reach the point when small coin prizes for events is possible and doesn't massively ruin the early rush for towns and regions.

Regardless it is the job of our events co-ordinator to plan, run and organise events.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
A DoD at the start of the map is never a good idea, the most important thing in a new map is the race for levels. Hosting an event that massively increases that is a terrible idea especially when not everyone can be on at the same time.

I feel we're not starting to reach the point when small coin prizes for events is possible and doesn't massively ruin the early rush for towns and regions.

Regardless it is the job of our events co-ordinator to plan, run and organise events.
Well of course we shouldn't have a DoD until later but we should definitely have a unique item event as soon as the new map borders come out.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I've barely ever experienced an event on HC, only a couple of DoDs in Bastion and some PvE events in DG (+ Brutal's north road event on Zeal). Most of the events that has been in the past are around 3-4am Central European Time.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I've got plenty of fun events in mind as I was on a server who ran a shit load of events but.... It kind of ruined server unique items and economy which is why there should be like 2 events per month

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If we want an event early on in the map without ruining the economy of money or exp with the prizes, I'd love a puzzle similiar to the Tree of Wisdom thing with prizes being extra money to supporter ranks/money for the shop.
And if we do end up getting a puzzle, please, please, please build it completely before announcing it.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Events don't have to give money or unique items, they can just as easily give resources/xp/fun/titles

I agree - we don't need anything for an advantage, even just a title you keep for the map (ie. Riddle Solver). I think everyone thinks of an event where the players have to 'get' something out of it. But I think there would be a good turnout just for a fun event where all you get is a title if you win / complete it.

As for a pvp event - how about a large maze where teams must reach the end to win. Inside the maze will be traps and mobs of course and most of the maze would be pvp... Parts of it could be safe havens where you can take a quick break, solve a puzzle, etc.... If you log out / die you start over unless a party member can GTP you.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been away for the past while traveling. I don't necessarily do pvp/xp events. Other staff can do events as well, anything they want! I prefer to do contests and other fun things. I'll be away for another 3 weeks. I would love to build an Event Team to help out with this sort of stuff. If you would like to volunteer please send me a message! I think I have a couple of people interested. It's kinda hard to do it all on my own, especially while I'm traveling. It will take some time to get some stuff off the ground.

Thanks again!

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Events are so much fun. To add to the original post related to PvP tournies, I agree these are fun but only really appeal to those players that can put together a really good team. Back on DG there used to be FFA and Team FFA events. Not sure what prizes were but they were usually held on the spot with not much prior planning and were just a ton of fun for everyone involved win or lose.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Event Team
Most of the admins are usually busy with other things and don't really get the chance to set up really good events. So what I propose under the leadership of one of the admins we have an Event Team that sets up monthly events. I have plenty of ideas and I am half decent at building but it would need someone who knows redstone if we want to make some things have automated point systems (@STDs4YouAnd4Me ?), maybe its not too complicated but I am just bad with redstone.

Word