• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Engineer : Player Detection Groups

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It was brought to my attention that engineers can't make their own groups for player detection ICs. The only groups that are available are the ones set up in HeroTowns (still no idea which groups actually exist).

It would be very nice if Engineers could set up their own groups for use in player detection. Ideally, you'd set up gizmos where only your group (generally your town) can access certain areas, and exclude all others from entering.

Would this be possible to do, or is it just not in the cards?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
There have been lots of suggestions for towns to get player groups but I can't remember what the responses have been. Engineer making their own groups sound a lot better.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not possible to make your own groups, sorry.

I believe HeroTowns makes groups that could be useable.

Try
Code:
group: Mineris
        type: town
        owners: {}
        members: {}

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't believe its properly picking up townships as groups. Despite us sending out the group for Townships.

The current ones are:
g:whitelisted
g:greylisted
g:t1->t8
g:mod
g:admin

etc...